Shaman in Ayurveda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaman in Ayurveda

Shaman is a milder than shodan methods including panchakarma. Shaman is required when the person is not fit for shodan or slightly harsh body purification methods. Other reasons to resort of Shaman (saman) can be lack of time or apprehensions of the person about Ayurveda Kerala deep cleansing methods (panchakarma).

Unlike in Shodhan chikitsa, shaman doesn’t try to eliminate vitiated dosha from the system. Shaman tries to put the doshic state in balance by medication. Here the aggravated dosha is balanced by either addition of subtraction of dosha elements. Shaman is not also as effective as shodan as the system and go back to state of imbalance or ill health. It takes efforts on part of the person to retain the positive results of shaman.

There are seven different types of shaman. They are:

1. Deepan – deepan literally means illumination. Here it means empowering Agni (digestive fire) to create appetite. Deepan includes administering medicated ghee and spicy and fat rich food to subside aggravated dosha or increase subsided dosha to achieve a balanced state.
    2. Pachan – Pachan includes the methods of digesting toxic wastes called ama. There are different herbal combinations that help in digesting undigested toxins.
    3. Kshudha Nigrah – or kshuda nigraha literally means killing of appetite. It is a fasting technique. Total of selective fasting is directed to the person until the balancing of doshas in the body system. To avoid a specific aggrevated dosha (say vata), avoid food or lifestyle activities that promote that dosha (here, vata). Ayurvedic principle behind ksudha nigraha is leveraging agni in restoring tridosha balance. This is particularly beneficial for diseases associated with digestive tract.
    4. Thrisha Nigraha – means killing thirst. It is a method to cure water retention problems of the body. The ama accumulated in kidney and urinary system are digested this way.
    5. Vyayam – Vyayam or vyayama means physical exercise. Specific vyayama regimes are prescribed for conditions like obesity, digestive problems, diabetes, etc. It is sometimes combined with medication for optimum results, but mostly without any medicines.
    6. Atap Seva (heat service) – it includes sunbathing for skin diseases, rheumatism or arthritis related conditions. This treatment pacifies vata.
    7. Marut Seva (Wind service) – it is the therapy that includes the administration of fresh air, mostly to treat asthma, tuberculosis related conditions. According to Ayurveda, breathing air is prana or life. It is a method of pumping ‘life’ into the body system.

Shaman therapy is for everyone who lack the capabilities and/or time to go through shodan (panchakarma) therapy. Persons with conditions like tuberculosis can never take shodan chikitsa as their body will not be capable of handling the therapeutic measures.

+1
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

SHODAN

Comment

Spambot!

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Ohhh, a woo woo

How special.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

HEY! leave Becky21 alone! This is a very educational and informative thread, dammit! I for one, will be horribly offended if the mods close or delete this wonderful thread and Becky21 subsequently banned! I think i have earned the right to ask for at least THIS MUCH around here!

also
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

wtf?

I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

We need a spambot smiley. DL dancing just doesn't cut it.
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

We also need:
                  -frog
                  -vomit
                  -better crying
                  smilies
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Believe it or not, but I knew exactly what your post would say even before I reopened the thread.

Comment

i am glad the administration FINALLY sees my point of view here and are leaving this incredible discussion open for debate and logical conclusions

we, at the Poly OTF, have taken a big step this day... opening our arms wide for new posters like Becky21.

Order of the Fly

Comment

Stop making DLs.

Comment

probably one of my thousands of ForumWarz buddies just got bored
                          Order of the Fly

Comment

This thread still around?

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

of course it is.

Becky21 is going to be OUR spambot to which all other spambots must now be measured up to. Sort of like me and trolls but different. In 3 years when Becky21 is still telling us about the wonderful things Shamanism can do for you, we will rejoice.

And mock all the other silly spambots that tries to sell us a cell phone.

Becky21 has now reached the level that all other spambots only dream of reaching. Becky21 is WIN.

Order of the Fly

Comment

Working...
                              X