Hey techies, I need your opinions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey techies, I need your opinions!

So my boss needs to buy a new laptop and he is hesitating on 2 choices.

-HP Pavillon 14.1" (DV2713CA)
    or
    -Acer Aspire 12.1" (AS2920)

He travels a whole lot and likes the fact that the Acer is way small.
    He also asked me to check out which one is better but I know nothing about laptops and I am not into bought out reviews on the net.
    Keep in mind that he only needs it for work applications, like Word and such.

Which would you choose?

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I'm not a techie, can I post too? Otherwise I call Ming and say it's a club thread
    Blah

Comment

I choose you pekachoo!
      Monkey!!!

Comment

I choo choo choose you.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I have a Pavilion and love it! I have never had a problem with it and I can play all my favorite games
          In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Ok kids, back on the subject please.

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimandua
              I have a Pavilion and love it! I have never had a problem with it and I can play all my favorite games
              Is it a DV2713CA?

And hwat is the difference between the models?

Spec.

Comment

He can buy a 12" HP.
                Graffiti in a public toilet
                Do not require skill or wit
                Among the **** we all are poets
                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera
                  He can buy a 12" HP.

Really? Link or name? Reasonable price?

Spec.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
                    Ok kids, back on the subject please.

Spec.
                    Why is your boss asking advice on laptops to someone who knows nothing about it?
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Beats me. I asked the same question and he told me I am the best with google....lol.

Spec.

Comment

My Pavilion is pretty good. The only problem I've had with it is the CD drive broke and it overheats a lot.
                        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Dell provides technology solutions, services & support. Buy Laptops, Touch Screen PCs, Desktops, Servers, Storage, Monitors, Gaming & Accessories

If he can afford a small bit more, the dell latitude 12.1" is a good choice. Their cheaper version has a 13.3" model also, not as good but still probably a good choice.

If I had to choose between the two you list, acer is probably better (because it's smaller). If he's just doing business stuff (ie, word) the quality of the CPU isn't very relevant
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec

Beats me. I asked the same question and he told me I am the best with google....lol.

Spec.
                            When his laptop breaks you're screwed.
                            Long time member @ Apolyton
                            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Spec: from experience, I hate HP even more than I hate you. That should say something.

Comment

Working...
                              X