Should Horse Racing Be Put Down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timexwatch
    Thoroughbred racing is a perfectly fine spectator sport. It's no better or worse than say, dressage or harness racing. It's certainly not cockfighting or bullfighting. Injuries happen, put that happens in every sport. It's certainly more interesting than NASCAR, and there are a lot less rednecks.
    I propose a compromise. Horse racing stays illegal, and NASCAR gets the boot

Comment

Re: Should Horse Racing Be Put Down?

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
      Yesterday was the Kentucky Derby. Did anybody besides Oerdin get sloshed on mint juleps while watching it?

The story wasn't so much the winner, as the first loser, filly Eight Belles, who broke two ankles while crossing the finish line and was euthanized on the track. This comes two years after Barbaro met a similar fate, albeit in the comfort of his stall rather than on the track. An ignoble end for two magnificent beasts.

Horse racing, similar to boxing, has increasingly become a niche "sport". A relic of a past where men were men and women wore exceedingly large hats. Should horse racing be put out of its misery like its two recent high profile victims? Aren't there enough other outlets for gambling that we don't need to watch midgets whip horses for two minutes?
      I couldn't agree with you less. While mixed martial arts and cage matches and American Gladiator and let's not leave out hockey, go on, you focus on racing horses.
      Raising horses, except for the joy of riding, is a money pit. Boxing, compared to the other "sports" and you chossese boxing to rave about.

Hey, it's your opinion, I just don't agree.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Plus your poll is biased and ignorant. I just wanted to make that point.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Re: Re: Should Horse Racing Be Put Down?

Originally posted by SlowwHand

I couldn't agree with you less. While mixed martial arts and cage matches and American Gladiator and let's not leave out hockey, go on, you focus on racing horses.
          Raising horses, except for the joy of riding, is a money pit. Boxing, compared to the other "sports" and you chossese boxing to rave about.

Hey, it's your opinion, I just don't agree.

Feel free to start you own thread on the evils of MMA, cage matches, hockey, etc.

Comment

Why the hell is hockey mixed in with cage matches?

Ignorant Texans. Ban them from the internet!@
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Why not? Dip**** started the trend.

Feel free to start you own thread on the evils of MMA, cage matches, hockey, etc
              I see, parallels as an argument is disallowed by you?
              Too ****ing bad.
              And Asher, go ahead and leave out hockey. We'll ignore the 30 mph checks and high sticking and everything else. That's cool.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with 30mph checks. It's a contact sport.

High sticking is a penalty...99% of the time it's inadvertent. When it's intentional the player is suspended.

What more do you want.

Ban football for its tackles...
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Dip****? Good one.

As far the rest, perhaps if I were drunk it would be remotely coherent. Unfortunately, I'm sober and I can't make heads or tails of your "point"

Why don't you take a nap, sleep whatever it is you're on off, and come back to this thread, k?

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                    Dip****? Good one.

As far the rest, perhaps if I were drunk it would be remotely coherent. Unfortunately, I'm sober and I can't make heads or tails of your "point"

Why don't you take a nap, sleep whatever it is you're on off, and come back to this thread, k?
                    You'll still get the same level of coherency though.
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                    X