Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I won't even mention that it happened in Texas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won't even mention that it happened in Texas...

Police: Texas man trying to cash $360 billion check arrested

FORT WORTH, Texas — Charles Ray Fuller must have been planning one big record company.

The 21-year-old North Texas man was arrested last week for trying to cash a $360 billion check, saying he wanted to start a record business, authorities said. Tellers at the Fort Worth bank were immediately suspicious — perhaps the 10 zeros on a personal check tipped them off, according to investigators.

Fuller, of suburban Crowley, was arrested on a forgery charge, police said. He was released after posting $3,750 bail.

Fuller said his girlfriend's mother gave him the check to start a record business, but bank employees who contacted the account's owner said the woman told them she did not give him permission to take or cash the check, according to police.

In addition to forgery, Fuller was charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon and possessing marijuana, Fort Worth police Lt. Paul Henderson said.

Officers reported finding less than 2 ounces of marijuana and a .25-caliber handgun and magazine in his pockets, police said.

Fuller couldn't be located for comment by The Associated Press on Friday because there were phone listings for him in the Fort Worth area.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Tellers at the Fort Worth bank were immediately suspicious — perhaps the 10 zeros on a personal check tipped them off, according to investigators.

YA THINK

Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I told Slowwhand it wouldn't work
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

How can you unlawfully carry a gun in Texas? Not a big enough caliber? Wasn't on proud enough display?
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

You can carry a hand gun in Texas if you have a permit to do so.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
            How can you unlawfully carry a gun in Texas? Not a big enough caliber? Wasn't on proud enough display?
            He was probably covering the big American flag on the handle.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Comment

In addition to forgery, Fuller was charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon and possessing marijuana, Fort Worth police Lt. Paul Henderson said.

Originally posted by Ming

YA THINK

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Texas weapon laws are a bit strange. You can not carry in public a club, spear, knife longer than 5 1/2 inches, stilleto, switchblade, handgun (except concealed handgun with permit). You can carry a long gun.
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Here's a link for the article: http://www.hiphop-elements.com/article/read/4/23187/1/

The guy doesn't look like Slowwhand to me

Comment

He's wearing makeup and he's got a fat lip, but thats definitely Slowwhand.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

All it takes is some shoe polish...
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          I told Slowwhand it wouldn't work
                          I told him it would.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                            Texas weapon laws are a bit strange. You can not carry in public a club, spear, knife longer than 5 1/2 inches, stilleto, switchblade, handgun (except concealed handgun with permit). You can carry a long gun.
                            NO sawn off shot guns, but normal shot guns are ok...stereotypical Texas
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

He looks uncommonly proud of himself in that photo.
                              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                              X