'The Fountain', a stupid movie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'The Fountain', a stupid movie.

Be warned! Zkrib and I both think it's shallow, pretentious. We were relieved when the timer went off and we could do laundry. Laundry is better than 'The Fountain'.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

It's

Sorry! Teh administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I couldn't get past the first 20 minutes...
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Sorry, I thought it was a turd. And I'm not the only one to think so:

A man (Hugh Jackman) travels through time on a quest for immortality and to save the woman (Rachel Weisz) he loves. As a 16th-century conquistador, Tomas searches for the legendary Fountain of Youth. As a present-day scientist, he desperately struggles to cure the cancer that is killing his wife. Finally, as a 26th-century astronaut in deep space, Tom begins to grasp the mysteries of life, love and death.
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Roger Ebert thought so, and we all know he should lay off teh fatty foods

Comment

User Rating: 7.5/10

Spanning over one thousand years, and three parallel stories, The Fountain is a story of love, death, spirituality, and the fragility of our existence in this world.

I don't know. This could go either way. Sounds like it might take too much effort to follow the plot.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

For some reason, that film is making me think of a biosphere. Like those buildings that house a botanical garden and people seal themselves in there for long periods of time to see if they can become completely self-sustaining.

Why do I think that? Hmm, maybe a Wiki article links the two together or something?
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I enjoyed it. I also like Aronofsky's other stuff.

Pi

Requiem for a Dream
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I tried to like this movie and failed.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Teh soundtrack is , too.

Comment

Comment

Death is teh road to awe

Comment

I thought the movie was good. One of these days I plan to watch it a second time.

Comment

Spaceman Tom is Scientist Tom

The movie would be too sad for me to accept otherwise

(for clarification: I do not like The Fountain... but not for artistic reasons - the movie looks awesome, the music is very pretty (though not a heavenly experience - too many walls of sound!), the characters are actually quite likeable, if a bit nuts in the case of Conquistador Tom and Spaceman Tom, and so on and so forth. It's just that I disagree with the message, I think we should do something about aging and death instead of trying to pass it off as something mystically important and beautiful )
                              Last edited by Ari Rahikkala; May 1, 2008, 02:47.
                              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Working...
                              X