When Pigs Fly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Pigs Fly...

Roger Waters played the Coachella Festival this year. Tragically, the crew lost control of the band's trademark flying pig, which this year sports a pro-Obama vibe. Apparently, the tethers were cut. A reward was offered for its return...

Roger Waters' flying pig found
    INDIO, California (AP) -- When things go bad for a huge inflatable pig, don't expect it to be pretty.

The pig, cut loose during Coachella, was found in pieces a few miles away.

A helium-filled swine, released into the night sky during Roger Waters' headlining set Sunday at the Coachella music festival in the Southern California desert, has been found in pieces.

Two couples found tattered halves of the pig in their yards, a few miles from the festival grounds.

Concert organizers had offered a $10,000 reward for the pig's return. On Tuesday, pieces of the plastic carcass were examined.

"That's definitely our pig," producer Bill Fold said.

Susan Stoltz found a plastic heap in her driveway Monday, but said she didn't know what it was until she read about the missing pig in the Desert Sun newspaper.

"My kids are going to think I'm so cool," she said.

Another resident of the same neighborhood, Judy Rimmer, said she found a piece of the pig draped over a front-yard plant.

The two couples will split the cash reward, Fold said.

As tall as a two-story house and as wide as two school buses, the pig was led from lines held on the ground Sunday as Waters played a version of Pink Floyd's "Pigs" from the 1977 anti-capitalist album "Animals."

Then it just floated away.

"It wasn't really supposed to happen that way. I don't have the details," festival spokeswoman Marcee Rondan said.

The pig displayed the words "Don't be led to the slaughter" and a cartoon of Uncle Sam holding two bloody cleavers. The other side read "Fear builds walls" and the underside read "Obama" with a checked ballot box for Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama.
    AP/CNN Report
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

It would be funnier if Obama was a Muslim.
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
        It would be funnier if Obama was a Muslim.
        He isnt?

But that name, it sounds...sort...of..extreme
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Isn't his middle name "Hussein" as well? (Like the King of Jordan, as well as the Iraqi dictator.)
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Time flies too...

What?

Comment

RIP
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
                Isn't his middle name "Hussein" as well? (Like the King of Jordan, as well as the Iraqi dictator.)
                USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                The video may avatar is from

Comment

Re: When Pigs Fly...

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                  "My kids are going to think I'm so cool," she said.
                  I hope she realizes Pink Floyd is from her generation and her kids wouldn't have the first clue what that pig represents.

Maybe if it was a giant inflatable pimp, ho, blunt, 40oz, or glock it'd appeal to today's youth...
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                  X