You might be a redneck if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You might be a redneck if...

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - They're proudly displayed by any self-respecting bull, but dangling big metal ones on the back end of a truck could be banned in Florida.

Metal replicas of bull testicles have become trendy bumper ornaments in some parts of the Sunshine State, but state Senator Carey Baker is campaigning to ban the orbs.

Baker acknowledged that Florida lawmakers have more pressing issues, including huge revenue shortfalls, but said the state needs to draw a line on what's obscene before more objectionable adornments appear.

State Senator Steve Geller argued against Baker's bill.

He says he finds it shocking that the state should be telling people that have the metallic bull testicles that they're now going to have demerit points on their licenses for it.

Geller was in the minority. Baker's bill would fine drivers $60 for displaying the ornaments.

Attached Files
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

There funny to me..
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I've seen similar dangling from the backs of motorcycles here.
      Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

Baker acknowledged that Florida lawmakers have more pressing issues, including huge revenue shortfalls
        Ornamental bull ball tax. Duh. Must I think of everything?
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Hell, those are why I'm not allowed to wear shorts in Oregon.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Soltz
            I've seen similar dangling from the backs of motorcycles here.
            I have seen a set hanging in my bedroom, of course, they are not that small mind you

I see them whenever I strut past the mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              Hell, those are why I'm not allowed to wear shorts in Oregon.
              Just wear real tight short shorts

I am sure some female cop will want to know what is up?

Comment

what have yall yanks done to my state?!?

first they changed our state song and now this?!?

southern pride
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

This is in keeping after banning bull bars at the front of cars I suppose. :shrug:
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Re: You might be a redneck if...

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

It's a good way to keep people from borrowing your vehicle. I would never be seen in a vehicle with fake testicles hanging off the back.

I do have some standards.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

NM the ornamentation, I wouldn't sit in a car with that back plate...
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Forget the fuzzy dice. If you want to pimp your ride, nut up.

The transport ministry has no beef if you dangle a pair of fake (but lifelike) bull testicles from your trailer hitch.

The novelty item, Bulls Balls, has been available for the past decade and is made by Arizona-based bullsballs.com, which also makes Truck Nutz, Biker Nuts, Truck Balls and Big Boy Balls.

Owner John Saller said he sells about 500 to 1,000 a month, including many in Canada's cattle country. He has dealers in Australia, Britain and elsewhere in Europe.

"It's a novelty obviously. But some people don't see the humour in it," he said.

Two years ago New Jersey senators tried but failed to ban them from state roads, as did Virginia late last year.

Last month Florida senators debated and ultimately voted in favour of banning them, because they were "offensive" and distracting. However, the ban must be passed by the general assembly, which is considered unlikely.

"I get a pretty good spike in sales every time politicians with too much time on their hands try to ban them," Saller said. "The politicians got laughed out of the assembly (in New Jersey and Virginia) and nothing was done."

Luckily for Ontarians the province has no intention of neutering trucks any time soon, said Bob Nichols, a ministry of transportation spokesman.

"MTO is not considering a ban at this time," he said in an e-mail, noting the ministry has not received any complaints. "(The ministry) has not taken any action in the past to ban bumper stickers or other vehicle ornaments."

In the GTA, only a handful of stores cater to the niche market. In fact, only five stores in Canada sell them.

Wayne Carter, who runs Silver Eagle novelties in Staynor, near Barrie, said he sells about 60 a year.

"It's the redneck type of guy who buys them. It's the truckers and the bikers usually," he said. "They're fun, but I don't have them on my van or nothing."

Camsport Truck Cap Sales in Newcastle, just east of Bowmanville, sells about the same number, but store co-owner Glyn Jenkins said he sells more to women than to men.

"They're buying it as a gift or a gag," he said. "We had one lady who bought it for her boss' retirement party. All the women in the office signed them. They said, 'Now that you're retired, you can have your balls back.' I think that's pretty funny."

The classic Bulls Balls, which started it all, sells for about $25.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                            This is in keeping after banning bull bars at the front of cars I suppose. :shrug:
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I wonder what the market would be for bull ball necklaces, anklets and bracelets?
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X