Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now here's something really messed up

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Mr. Thompson gave a speech at Virginia Tech advocating that students be permitted to carry concealed weapons on campus. To promote his message he'll be selling weapons at cost there for the next few days.
    Only in the US

(well, maybe in Afghanistan, Somalia and Iraq too)
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      IIRC this guy also sold a gun to a V-tech student who killed himself 8 months after the massacre.
      Didn't read the OP did you?
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

So, where did the shooter get the actual weapon and ammo, then?

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera
          Right to bear arms does not work. This is fairly obvious.

Duty to bear arms is what America needs. If every VTech student was armed because he/she had to and was properly trained to shoot (a mandatory high school subject?), everything would be different.
          Imagine what would happen every time a Brad found out that his Buffy was shagging an Obama.

Oh, and BTW, do you know the story behind the history of the Honor System? Back in the 1840s a UVa student got into a quarrel with another student on the campus lawn over an incident of cheating. One of the professors intervened and pronounced punishment of the offender. The student produced a pistol and shot the professor dead. Shortly afterwards the terrified faculty invented a system of discipline which took them out of the loop.

Comment

There was another incident in Finland less than a year ago.

I was just at the VT for their spring football game last weekend and took a look at the memorial. Nice, though cheaply made. I doubt it will last 50 years.
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
              The solution then is to have campus sponsored gun shops
              This is actually a fantastic idea. If schools started selling guns in their bookstores nobody would be able to afford them. But since they're on sale in the official bookstore the school would put a lot of resources into making sure no outside guns could be brought in, ensuring that nobody would have any guns on campus at all!
              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

The right to bear arms.
                Attached Files
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Didn't read the OP did you?
                  Don't play the ******* card if you can't back it up.

The OP mentions nothing about the recent suicide.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Imagine what would happen every time a Brad found out that his Buffy was shagging an Obama.

Oh, and BTW, do you know the story behind the history of the Honor System? Back in the 1840s a UVa student got into a quarrel with another student on the campus lawn over an incident of cheating. One of the professors intervened and pronounced punishment of the offender. The student produced a pistol and shot the professor dead. Shortly afterwards the terrified faculty invented a system of discipline which took them out of the loop.
                    honor killing

I think you need to reintroduce dueling in the US, and have a class on how to duel properly in the high school

I am sure that no dirty criminal would want to attack innocent civilians than
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
                      I think you need to reintroduce dueling in the US, and have a class on how to duel properly in the high school

I am sure that no dirty criminal would want to attack innocent civilians than
                      Gunslingers

Americans who can't get any of their obese digits inside a trigger guard

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
                        The right to bear arms.
                        Furry Love

Cant bear to be without it
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Don't play the ******* card if you can't back it up.

The OP mentions nothing about the recent suicide.
                          Yes, it does. It states that Mr. Thompson sold guns to the VA Tech killer and a student who shot up another school.

Like anyone cares whether either perpetrator lived?

Comment

Yes, it does. It states that Mr. Thompson sold guns to the VA Tech killer and a student who shot up another school.

Like anyone cares whether either perpetrator lived?
                            What the hell, doc. Did you not read.

Neither of those are what I was referring to -- there was a young Asian student who -- 4 months ago -- killed himself with a gun purchased at the same store that the V-Tech shooter bought his at.

My comment used the word ALSO which was key. It means in addition to!

This guy who killed himself went into a massive depressive funk after the shooting and ended up buying a gun with his dad's credit card at the store, and then killed himself.

This is obviously not mentioned at all in the OP.

You can apologize publicly for misreading me and becoming a dick about it.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Neither of those are what I was referring to -- there was a young Asian student who -- 4 months ago -- killed himself with a gun purchased at the same store that the V-Tech shooter bought his at.

This guy who killed himself went into a massive depressive funk after the shooting and ended up buying a gun with his dad's credit card at the store, and then killed himself.

Glad your back Asher, hope you can stay awhile
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

So you're saying this Erik Thompson sold the guns that slaughtered the Tech students and the Northern Illinois U. students, and additionally yet another student bought a gun from him with which he committed suicide?

Comment

Working...
                                X