Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going Postal can sometimes be a good thing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Postal can sometimes be a good thing!

Letter carrier catches falling baby

ALBANY, New York (AP) -- A postal worker is credited with saving a 1-year-old girl's life by catching her after the baby fell out of a second-story window in Albany, New York.

Lisa Harrell was delivering mail to a home late Monday morning when she noticed a baby in a window above the front door. Harrell says the next thing she knew, the baby had fallen into her arms.

When the baby's mother realized what had happened, she ran outside and grabbed the girl from Harrell. The woman thanked Harrell and then ran down the street to her mother's house.

Paramedics checked the baby at the scene but found no injuries.

No charges are being filed against the mother, who says she had placed her daughter on a bed that was up against the window. The mother said her back was turned when her daughter crawled out the open window.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press.
    Postal workers take so much abuse, it's nice to see them get some credit every once in a while.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Aye,

Postal workers

Comment

Windows that open from the top to halfway down

Postal workers except for my postal worker but that's another story...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

stupid babies

Comment

Good thing he wasn't a goalkeeper
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

edit: silly forum software
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Where's a postal worker when you need one.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

One thing about the story...

When the baby's mother realized what had happened, she ran outside and grabbed the girl from Harrell. The woman thanked Harrell and then ran down the street to her mother's house.

Paramedics checked the baby at the scene but found no injuries.
                Does that mean that the mother didn't realize what had happened until AFTER the time it took for Paramedics to answer the call and check the baby? Otherwise, how could the Paramedics have checked the baby at the scene if the mother raced out and took the baby to her mother's house?
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Terry Pratchett
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Ming makes a good point. Why so long on a response from the mother? Sounds like child endangerment.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I suspect that brief article has omitted a couple details.

"At the scene" could mean at her mother's house or perhaps the mom returned a few minutes later (as the paramedics arrived)... Too little info to presume she just didn't notice imho.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

My dad is a postal worker
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Working...
                        X