Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a practical impossibility to try two people for the same crime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people, people...

can we go back to the specific situation please? no accomplices, no getaway driver, no gang rapes

it's a murder.
    done by a single person alone.
    one person is charged and tried but the case is dismissed due to lack of evidence
    can you try another person for the murder?
    (in the movie harrison ford finds the murder weapon and she even confesses the whole thing to him...)
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      I think what he's saying is that it ends up being impossible ("practically impossible"), but you can try. Why is it practically impossible; because you had all the evidence and proof focusing on one guy... but he was found innocent, so to try to fit it to another guy... well, that's pretty damned tough. There had to be a reason he was eliminated as a suspect before the first trial... and that's still there.

But I don't know the movie, so maybe its simpler than that.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

but the murder weapon was found and she confessed = new evidence!
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Why don't you send us all a copy of the movie, so we know the plot, so we can give you the answer you want .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think I've already seen the movie, but that was a long time ago and I can't remember much of it. Not going to watch it again because I can't stand Harrison Ford (except in the Indiana Jones series).
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
            X