Can someone explain this to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain this to me?

I trying to get a feel for the religius atmosphere of the Americas so I'm surfing the net.

I'm a little confused by the comentary on this vid.

So a Chatolic saying that if you were a good person and never did a sin in your life you would perhaps not go to hell proves Chatolicism is evil how?
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Because protestants are evil and are going to hell!
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
      Because protestants are evil and are going to hell!
      I suppose I will have to settle for that.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Religion, is how you interpret it. I'm Methodist and have been all my life. One thing we believe is that people are people. We had a gay choir director/organist die of aids. He was a good person.
        When I was a boy, I didn't have slacks, so I went in blue jeans. I smoked. I was about 16 by then. An old woman raised Hell. The preacher jumped her ass. "Leave him be. He's here and that's what we want." Never pressure, only treat people how you want to be treated. Don't judge, it's not your job. I wouldn't trade the way that minister treated me and made me feel like I belonged for anything. I don't go like I should, these days. I need to.
        I'm not a "good" Christian. I don't try to convince atheists. Way I figure, I got enough on my plate making myself decent.

To each their own. Whatever their comfort zone is for them.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
        X