X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 4/20 Day Everyone!

KNTV-TV
    updated 1:07 p.m. PT, Sat., April. 19, 2008
    The University of California ? Santa Cruz campus is in lockdown Friday night, but it's not in the traditional sense of the word. The university is anticipating thousands of students Sunday, gathering to mark the so-called 4/20 cannabis culture holiday.

Four twenty is named for the day, which is Sunday's date, or the time of the day well known among regular marijuana users for smoking pot.

It was once a student-only gathering to smoke marijuana in UCSC's Porter Meadow, but in recent years the crowds have become unmanageable.

UCSC has sent thousands of e-mails to students reminding them that it does not condone the 4/20 gathering.

Students on campus were not happy about the restrictions being imposed on them.

"I think it's pretty ridiculous," said student Michelle Garza. "They have us on lockdown. They're saying we can't have anyone in our rooms the entire weekend and I don't think that's right at all."

Metro buses will not make stops on campus this weekend, although the university is working on providing shuttle services for the weekend.

"To get people to stay on campus doesn't make much sense," said student Matteo Crismari. "I'd like to go to the beach and get off campus. I think a majority will be smoking it anyway."

University officials said they do not plan on beefing up the police presence on campus.

Keeping students from participating has proven difficult in the past due to the crowd's size, so UCSC has focused on restricting outsiders through special security and traffic measures.

Weekend Security Measures

The west entrance to the campus will be closed to incoming traffic.
    Vehicles entering the main gate will require a university parking permit or proof of legitimate reason for being on campus.
    Students who live on campus will not be permitted to have overnight guests Friday or Saturday night.
    The e-mail sent out to students warned that using marijuana could land them a police citation and a campus judicial write-up. The e-mail sent out to students warned that using marijuana could land them a police citation and a campus judicial write-up.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Happy 4/20 Day Everyone!

Originally posted by Wittlich

"I think it's pretty ridiculous," said student Michelle Garza. "They have us on lockdown. They're saying we can't have anyone in our rooms the entire weekend and I don't think that's right at all."
      Once you're baked, would you really want to leave your rooms even if you could? Eh, no...

Unbelievable!

Comment

the so-called 4/20 cannabis culture holiday

Hitler's birthday, another deranged failure, how appropriate.

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

i just had a dream about pot and i haven't smoked the stuff in over 2 years...

creepy.
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

It's calling to you.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Comment

ROFLOL

sometimes it does seem that bad
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I had heared Priceline had a super saver special, fly both ways, $ 50.00
                    Attached Files
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                    X