Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone enjoying the global banking situation going mental?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone enjoying the global banking situation going mental?

I'm not. Is it too late to switch careers and go for something else?

Towel boy in a brothel looks tempting.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

I have to admit I have bought some popcorn and settled in the couch to watch the show.

Of course, it has not affected me yet, except as entertainment...
    http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

I may insist on my next stock option being replaced with a bag of magic beans.

Comment

Didn't it already go mental about 3/4ths of a year ago? Or is just your patch of grass now going mental?
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
          I may insist on my next stock option being replaced with a bag of magic beans.

http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

It is getting more mental by the day. So much for building a career for 20+ years. I am actually back to originating loans (been a very looooong time for that)!

BTW...PM me if you live in the South and need a mortgage!
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

This is what happens when you allow international Jewish bankers to take over. Shame on all of you.

Comment

No, this is what happens when you let non-jewish bankers run the banks

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Specifically, this is what happens when the Americans fail to grasp the concept that lending money involves actually standing a chance of getting it back at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
                    It is getting more mental by the day. So much for building a career for 20+ years. I am actually back to originating loans (been a very looooong time for that)!

BTW...PM me if you live in the South and need a mortgage!
                    Okay. Sometime next year.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I am, but only because I lived through the Argentina Crisis, and lost all my savings

It is like

Finally they (first world people) get to taste 5% of that!!
                      I need a foot massage

Comment

I gather there's no FDIC in argentina (insuring deposits up to $100k, in the US)?
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

You should have held your savings in Potosi silver stolen from the natives.

Comment

Re: Anyone enjoying the global banking situation going mental?

I've been having a bit of glee at the real estate situation. I just hope it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                              Specifically, this is what happens when the Americans fail to grasp the concept that lending money involves actually standing a chance of getting it back at some point.
                              It seems like plenty of banks on your side of the pond need to figure that out too

Comment

Working...
                              X