X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banging tunes (vol. 56) Yet another new song thread

You'll find vol. 55 here:

Currently listening to the Glimmer's DJ-Kicks CD.

Kerri Chandler - Disko Statisfaction
    Last edited by Nostromo; April 17, 2008, 09:50.
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

death cab for cutie - what sarah said

Comment

Butthole Surfers - Who Was In My Room Last Night

Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Stone Temple Pilots

Plush

I need a foot massage

Comment

Stone Temple Pilots

Right now I've been listening to Blue Man Group.

Comment

Was It A Dream? - 30 Seconds to Mars

Comment

I saw Children of Men recently and that King Crimson song was playing. I haven't listened to it in long, long time. The music is pretty good, but the lyrics are a bit lame, IMO. Gotta love that mellotron sound!

King Crimson - Court Of The Crimson King

Now that one is better:

King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man

Last edited by Nostromo; April 17, 2008, 19:29.

Comment

Artsruni - Anash Garun.

Pretty awesome!!! Armenian folkish prog rock (a bit like Jethro Tull when they're less folk and more rock).

Some genuinely metal riffs as well :headbang:.
                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Ride teh lightning - Metallica

One of my favorite metallica solo; begin at 4:30!
                  bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Nostromo

King Crimson - Court Of The Crimson King
                    I know King Crimson because of someone who posted a video of Cadence & Cascade here, I think it's Saras or Dis.

Anyway; did you listened to In the Wake of Poseidon?

I found it depressing the first time I heard Court of King Crimson. They adopted the same formula(strong structure) than in their previous album.

In the wake of Poseidon sound like The Court of the Crimson King
                    I Talk to the Wind sound like Cadence & cascade
                    21st Century Schizoid Man (Including Mirrors) could sound a little bit like Cat Food.
                    Last edited by CrONoS; April 18, 2008, 19:38.
                    bleh

Comment

King Crimson : Three of a perfect pair

bleh

Comment

Originally posted by CrONoS

I know King Crimson because of someone who posted a video of Cadence & Cascade here, I think it's Saras or Dis.

Anyway; did you listened to In the Wake of Poseidon?

The song In the wake of Poseidon = The Court of the Crimson King
                        I Talk to the Wind = Cadence & cascade
                        21st Century Schizoid Man (Including Mirrors) could sound a little bit like Cat Food.

I found it depressing when I heard Court of King Crimson, I found it that In the wake of Poseidon, adopted the same formula than their previous album.
                        I posted Starless recently. But, no, I never heard Wake of Poseidon. Here's the Allmusic review of the album:

King Crimson opened 1970 scarcely in existence as a band, having lost two key members (Ian McDonald and Michael Giles), with a third (Greg Lake) about to leave. Their second album -- largely composed of Robert Fripp's songwriting and material salvaged from their stage repertory ("Pictures of a City" and "The Devil's Triangle") -- is actually better produced and better sounding than their first. Surprisingly, Fripp's guitar is not the dominant instrument here: The Mellotron, taken over by Fripp after McDonald's departure -- and played even better than before -- still remains the band's signature. The record doesn't tread enough new ground to precisely rival In the Court of the Crimson King. Fripp, however, has made an impressive show of transmuting material that worked on stage ("Mars" aka "The Devil's Triangle") into viable studio creations, and "Cadence and Cascade" may be the prettiest song the group ever cut. "The Devil's Triangle," which is essentially an unauthorized adaptation of "Mars, Bringer of War" from Gustav Holst's The Planets, was later used in an eerie Bermuda Triangle documentary of the same name. [In March of 2000, Caroline and Virgin released a 24-bit digitally remastered job that puts the two Mellotrons, Michael Giles' drums, Peter Giles' bass, and even Fripp's acoustic guitar and Keith Tippett's acoustic piano practically in the lap of the listener.]

Comment

Mark Brown feat. Sarah Cracknell - Teh Journey Continues (Thomas Gold Radio Edit)

Cool video for teh original version:

I forget what that kind of cinematography is called, but I like it.

Better music in teh Gold remix:
                          Last edited by LordShiva; April 18, 2008, 21:33.
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by CrONoS
                            Ride teh lightning - Metallica

One of my favorite metallica solo; begin at 4:30!
                            Metallica
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Kelly Rowland - Work (Freemasons Mix)

Catchy Indian beat to it, and Freemasons pwn as usual.

Comment

Working...
                              X