Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's wrong with my car? (Special Audio Edition!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had an engine light on for awhile now. The manual tells me it means I have something wrong with the emissions system and that I may be polluting more. Car runs fine so I will continue to ignore it.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Well, if this is turning into odd quirks, then my car every spring/fall activates the emergency fuel pump stop when parked.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

You are parking too hard.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I don't park harder winter/summer compared to spring/fall
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

It's the head gasket then.

Comment

Nice try

No, pressing the release button makes the machine purr like a kitten again.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I have no such contraption in my vehicle. I had to look up what it was.

Where'd Spec go? We have questions that need answering!

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                  I have no such contraption in my vehicle. I had to look up what it was.
                  That is why american cars explode without any reason ! It's a device that prevents the fuel pump to keep on pumping gasoline in case of an accident.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yeah, I looked it up. I'm supposing mine is internal with no buttons or stuff to push.

Comment

Read teh manual for your car - even my Ford such has mentioned it

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I won't.

I only read the manual when I have to. Like when a light comes on or I have to reset the clock.

Comment

Well, that is my curse - put something written in my hands and I'll read it - even if it's a manual - I know my fellow engineer coleagues are ashamed of my behaviour, but I can't help it

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                          X