600 Earthquakes Detected Off Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
    It's silly to argue you'll get lower prices when you force all participants in the market to operate along the lines of the least of efficient ones.

I've also never seen a gas-station in my life that wasn't self-serve.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
      I would suspect Oregon has taxes on fuel to fund road improvements.
      Gas taxes by state:

Oregon: 43.4 cents/gallon
      Idaho: 43.4 cents/gallon
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
        Self serve is simply barbaric. There have been instances where people pumping their own gasoline have set themselves on fire and have even destroyed the entire gas station due to static electricity, and the only way to avoid this is to have qualified professionals honking the gas into the tank for you.
        I've never seen a qualified professional pumping gas at a gas station. If you make 7 bucks an hour, I doubt you qualify as a professional at anything.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Do anyone remember how we drifted away for a discussion on the pending destruction of Oregon -- and probably everything from Crecent City to Vancouver -- to a discussion on comparitive gasoline prices?

Comment

Exactly. This is a thread for lamenting my impending doom and the tragic result for this community, not a gas thread.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

BTW Lancer --

I have reserved -- of all things -- the Honeymoon Suite at the Lighthouse Inn. Not for the "honeymoon" part, but it's the room with the large balcony overlooking the river. I figured we could lounge on the balcony, sip choco-rums and watch the tsunamis come rolling in.

Comment

Well that sounds wonderfully tolerable indeed.

Comment

Stay away from the volcanoes
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Mt St Helens blew up when I was a young lad living in Washington. I don't remember much about it, except that for a while there was ash all over the place. It seemed the most worthless stuff imaginable, literally everywhere, inches thick of it, but one of my parents (or maybe both) had the foresight to collect some of it in a mason jar. For some reason (probably involving us taking the ash out of it) I remember that over time there was progressively less and less ash in the mason jar. Finally there was no more ash and the mason jar was utilized to can some peaches.

Years later, I recall seeing a very large jar of ash in a gift shop in some ho-dunk tourist trap. It was from the eruption of Mt St Helens as well. It made me jealous, and ashamed that I had not kept even the smallest vial of the stuff for my own posterity. It would have always been a good conversation piece to have around, and labeled properly might not even have caused people the initial discomfort of presuming that it was a deceased relative or pet that was proudly being displayed.

I guess what I am saying is that if you ever find yourself imposed upon by a volcano, try to think of it as an opportunity to accumulate some ash, not as a horrible impending doom (unless you happen to be really bad at keeping memorabilia in-tact, in which case you are screwed).

Comment

"I remember that over time there was progressively less and less ash in the mason jar. Finally there was no more ash and the mason jar was utilized to can some peaches."

I think you happened on someone's stash and the volcano was a convenient cover story.

I made a trip through the area once and they were selling pens with a pic of the mountain exploding and inside the pen was ash.

Comment

Working...
                      X