Achieve enlightenment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achieve enlightenment

Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

New religion already?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

No an ideology.

Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Crass demands of flesh and bone.

Comment

The second one is actually good. I've always liked it.

I particularly like the line "What do I care for your suffering?"
          He then gives practical advice on dealing with suffering ^^.

It sounds cold at first glance but maybe it's actually warm?

The advice is identical to "Never let other people control your happiness" even if they're inflicting pain, agony on you, still don't let them control your happiness.

Being a master over the output, means that whatever comes in, you remain in control, and don't become a mindless slave to the input (ie panicking or generally losing control)

Comment

I knew Yang was a Buddhist.

Comment

NO, WE MUST DISSENT!
              APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                I knew Yang was a Buddhist.
                Buddhism = evil crazy Asian dude... I knew it too!
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The movies from SMAC are far better than those from civ 4. I started clicking past the civ 4 ones before I had even seen them the first time. I am still willing to rewatch the SMAC ones.

There is simply no comparison.
                  http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Originally posted by Thue
                    The movies from SMAC are far better than those from civ 4. I started clicking past the civ 4 ones before I had even seen them the first time. I am still willing to rewatch the SMAC ones.

There is simply no comparison.
                    I agree I was soo hoping they would use Nimoy for SMAC like wonder movies. When I finally saw the wonder movies I was very dissapointed.

Comment

Blake's Buddhist AI.

Is it just me or wer the narated wonder movies of CtP and SMAC better than the civ4 wonder movies?

Comment

Working...
                      X