No announcement yet.

argh! i'm not unique on this internet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way, on a side note, I looked up both my first and middle names...evidently they were a hit in the 60s/70s/80s. First name: David Middle name: Troy (I know, just so biblical)

Comment

Huh... Never tried it with my middle name. Seems I am unique.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I believe I'm the only one with my name on the planet.
        PHOENIXCAGER
        The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
          Markos, my dear, you are Greek. Accept it.
          You trying to register such a common Greek name as : Markos Giannopoulos ... Is like Americans trying to register the name: John Smith ... and wonder why the hell that it is already been taken!
          if you read the OP fully you would realize that Markos is uncommon in Greece
          that's why i was "unique"....
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixcager
            I believe I'm the only one with my name on the planet.

Comment

if you read the OP fully you would realize that Markos is uncommon in Greece
              It's common in Corfu and Syros. I know 2 Markos's and 1 Markella.

Btw, are you by any chance related to Nikos Giannopoulos, the president of the Thessaloniki Trade Union Association (Ergatiko Kentro Thessalonikis)?
              "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
              George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
                My name combines two of the three most common Arabic names on the planet.

On a related note, check this out. It tracks the rise and fall of the 1000 most common American first names for both genders for over 120 years. It's pretty bad ass.

For no reason I can tell, my name went into decline in 2003 (though, I'd bet long term trends would be up).
                That site seems a bit weird. Says my name has risen in ranking to 11th from 20th or so, despite being in decline on a per million basis over the same time frame. Never realised my name was ranked so highly either.....
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

There is/was another "Daniel Quick" based in Alaska on the Internet by the late 90s (and, if I recall correctly, his online presence even predated mine)... and that was only the start.

Welcome the club of non-uniques.
                  PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                  >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by axi
                    It's common in Corfu and Syros. I know 2 Markos's and 1 Markella.
                    1 person (you) is hardly called a sample for statistical analysis

Btw, are you by any chance related to Nikos Giannopoulos, the president of the Thessaloniki Trade Union Association (Ergatiko Kentro Thessalonikis)?
                    no
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by axi
                      I know 2 Markos's
                      What is teh plural of "Markos?"
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Markeese

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

That's his point, there is none.
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                            Marki.