Martin Luther King Jr. and the FBI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Luther King Jr. and the FBI

I knew some of the things that the FBI tried to do to King, but after seeing the special presentation on CNN, and how they went into details on how the FBI tried to intimidate or blackmail King, I just find it all the more disgusting.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Well, what're ya gonna do
    Unbelievable!

Comment

J. Edgar Hoover doesn't care about black people.

Comment

It's just so unfair.

Did you know that Martin Luther King never once in his life left the lights on when leaving a room, hung up on people on the phone, or left the toilet seat up.

There's a special presentation coming on it, and soon everyone will know this, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
          J. Edgar Hoover doesn't care about black people.
          That would be "didn't".
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Martin Luther King Jr. and the FBI

Originally posted by MrFun
            I knew some of the things that the FBI tried to do to King, but after seeing the special presentation on CNN, and how they went into details on how the FBI tried to intimidate or blackmail King, I just find it all the more disgusting.
            Didn't see the special, but I read excerpts of the tapes. What's especially funny is the idea of a closeted gay transvestite becoming morally outraged at King's philandering.
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Yeah, I know Rufus. Made Hoover the "shining" example of bigoted hypocrisy.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                It's just so unfair.

Did you know that Martin Luther King never once in his life left the lights on when leaving a room, hung up on people on the phone, or left the toilet seat up.

There's a special presentation coming on it, and soon everyone will know this, too.
                How is this a valid response to the OP?

Comment

The FBI kept cutting on his lights. Drove his bill through the roof.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                    How is this a valid response to the OP?
                    It wasn't so much a response, as the result of OP-induced inspiration. I think it shows my pure and righteous intentions toward human rights issues. Which is almost as important as human rights issues themselves, only a little bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                      Yeah, I know Rufus. Made Hoover the "shining" example of bigoted hypocrisy.
                      Hoover was a proto-Republican.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

It wasn't so much a response, as the result of OP-induced inspiration. I think it shows my pure and righteous intentions toward human rights issues. Which is almost as important as human rights issues themselves, only a little bit more.

Comment

To be fair, and being someone who hates the man with all his heart, this wasn't so much the fault of the FBI as a whole, but of Hoover. That guy ran the FBI as his own private government. He was a far worse threat to the US than McCarthy or SDS.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                          X