Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of Texas Ethics Code leaves something to be desired.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of Texas Ethics Code leaves something to be desired.

Texas University's Honor Code Plagiarized?
    Part Of Code's Wording Matches Another University's

SAN ANTONIO -- The goal was an honor code that discouraged cheating and plagiarizing.

But the wording in a draft by students at the University of Texas at San Antonio appears to match Brigham Young University's code -- without proper attribution.

The student in charge of the honor code project said it was an oversight; he plans to include proper citation and attribution when the draft is submitted to the faculty senate.

Cheating experts say the case illustrates a sloppiness among Internet-era students who don't know how to cite sources properly and think of their computers as cut-and-paste machines.

While we are at it, we really need cut and paste operations to get dedicated keys on the keyboard. On a global scale it would probably save millions in time spent aiming for key combinations and occassionally missing.

Comment

@ OP
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It's actually "copy-paste."
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
            unscratchedfoot in 3...2...1...
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
              Cut-Paste makes more sense. At least if you cut it out from an original document before it is published and therefore have a chance to be the first person who is able to publish the things you paste (if you´re lucky and the owner of the original document doesn´t notice the missing parts )
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                While we are at it, we really need cut and paste operations to get dedicated keys on the keyboard. On a global scale it would probably save millions in time spent aiming for key combinations and occassionally missing.
                so true, so true.
                My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Texas is ****ed up!
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

never draw what you can copy.
                    never copy what you can trace.
                    never trace what you can cut out and paste down.
                    -I have no idea who first coined this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                      @ OP

Comment

Teh Great Lobachevsky
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                        X