No announcement yet.

Am I The Only Hater of April Fools Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm okay with April Fools as long as the jokes aren't mean.

My younger sister lives in our basement and this morning when I went down to do the laundry I told her that it had snowed so much her university had canceled all classes. Since she had been in the basement all morning she hadn't looked outside to see that it hadn't snowed at all. Just when she looked like she might believe me, I told her it was April Fools. She thought it was pretty funny and I thought it was a pretty harmless, but amusing joke.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      April Fools Day Sucks.
      I read that as "April Fools Gay Sucks."

Mean-spirited pranks are... mean , but I love like Googles and Blizzard's. Especially since Blizzard's are usually a sneak-peek of new content masquerading as a joke .

Comment

You would read it that way...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: Am I The Only Hater of April Fools Day?

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          I've always hated it. It's boring and stupid, I think.
          So many people seem to thrive with it.
          With every single day filled with liars and fools, where is the need for a special day?
          Good one, Sloww! You really had me going there...
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Think about it. New Year's Eve, and rookie drunks everywhere.
            Church? Seen attendance at Easter and Christmas?
            Ditto, April Fool's Day. All the rank amateurs, getting in the way.

And another thing, am I the only one concerned that Cartimandua keeps her sister chained in a basement?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm sure she did it, months in advance, just to make the school-cancellation joke more believable.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yes....she has been there in the basement for months

If it helped her to come home before 3 in the morning I might actually consider it. As it is she wakes me up every night! These darned college kids...I just don't know what to do with them.

----------

Wow, that makes me sound so old!
                In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimandua
                  These darned college kids...I just don't know what to do with them.

----------

Wow, that makes me sound so old!
                  PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                  >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Re: Am I The Only Hater of April Fools Day?

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    I've always hated it. It's boring and stupid, I think.
                    So many people seem to thrive with it.
                    With every single day filled with liars and fools, where is the need for a special day?
                    If there are that many liars and fools in your life, appreciate that you're the centre of it. You attracted them to you. And why have so much hate? I see it in your posts everytime on OT but for what purpose? Why not try to be a nice person and offer the world something positive for a change?
                    Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X