I'm going to become a suburbanite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to become a suburbanite

For a long time I've always felt something missing in my life. Deep down I knew what it was but I continuously surpressed the thought. You know, I grew up in the suburbs, but my parents made it impossible for me to love them because the lifestyle was forced upon me. I moved to the city and grew to hate what was part of me. The result was that continuously vent my frustration by bashing suburbs and those living in them. I was just jealous that others could I enjoy what I could not.
    However, when I read Pekka's thread, about moving to Atlanta, and when I read it is possible to do your groceries on foot there, even though the city defines suburbanism, you know, my unwavering hatred began to falter. Maybe I just needed to let go.
    And the came Dan, he pointed out that suburbanism is simply cheaper, and you know, he was so right about that it almost made me cry.

The next thing I did was book a ticket to Atlanta. I'm going to live in the suburbs of Atlanta. Finally I'll make peace with suburbanism and part of my inner self.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

I can't believe there are still followers of suburbanism
    Blah

Comment

I can't believe there's not.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The next thing I did was book a ticket to Atlanta. I'm going to live in the suburbs of Atlanta.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
            I can't believe there are still followers of suburbanism
            Oh please, I know you also secretly dream of a mansion with a garden. Sacrifices like 2-hours commutes always have to made. You just won't admit it to yourself.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Atlanta if a fetid cesspool. My hatred of all things suburban was born in Atlanta.
              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
              -Joan Robinson

Comment

My aunt lives in Atlanta and if you have enough money you can have a huge house with a huge yard close to down town. Of course most people can't afford that so they live way the hell out there and the traffic just sucks. Like worse then LA sucks at times.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

April fools!

Comment

Oh really? You had me going there Colon.

Comment

Come on man. The posts were sarcastic enough for you?

Oh, wait... That was sarcasm.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I think it's telling that *** used to mean cigarette.

Comment

This thread is sarcasm within sarcasm. My guess is the universe will eventually collapse because of this paradox.

Comment

Serious thread or not, why pass up a chance to bash Atlanta?
                            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                            -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                              Like worse then LA sucks at times.
                              This hurts my feelings.

Comment

Working...
                              X