No announcement yet.

April Fools 2008: OTCast Episode 01 -- "A Bit Chippy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday events often turn ugly. Perhaps we should skip April Fool's next year.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Wiglaf is as bad as you... he insults and attacks people all the time, and he starts it. But it's no surprise you defend him. But you think people owe him an apology, when he has never once apologized for any of his uncalled for attacks... kind of like you
      First of all, the "he started it" line, as my second grade teacher often said, "makes an ass out of me and you." Maybe that was assumptions, it would make more sense in this instance, but it's true that it brings you down to the argumentative level of a child.

Second, as Asher pointed out, I didn't start any insults in this thread, but it's good to know that anyone who has insulted anyone in the past is now fair game on this site.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
        Yeah, I think the extra hours needed for ediiting this one was due to what we gave him to work with.

And Asher, I too find that time inconvienent at such short notice, otherwise I'd have been happy to join in with you as the host. I'm sure it would have been entertaining, and I would have taken pity on anyone that would have to clean up my language in editing.

I have seen the time distortion when I was doing TV work. It would take us 7 hours or longer to shoot a 10 minute spot and then even longer in the editing room.

Granted polycast doesn't need the same level of detail that we were working with and I'm sure those 15 hour comments are slightly exagerated, but I'm not surprised to see those types of estimates thrown around.

What TV work Rah? (If I may ask) Were you doing the acting or the editing or...?
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
          Significant other/partner
          why cant you just say "friend"?
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkG
            why cant you just say "friend"?
            Because a "friend" is very different from SO...
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I've done some acting, directing, writing, editing. Mostly corporate crap. Some humorous stuff for corporate events for morale. I even directed a live musical for another corporate event that was broadcast to over 50,000 employees. (ARRRGGGGG) But it was always a nice change of pace at work. The company I worked at had a better TV and sound studio than a lot of local affiliates in smaller markets. I got volunteered for many of these. How they decided an IT director would be good at that kind of thing is beyond me, but my older brother has been a director for both CBS and ABC for decades so they must have figured it ran in the family.

One of the suits that I wore portraying a game show host was so tacky that the props department offered to buy it for use in salesmen training videos. (a plaid suit from the late sixties that was one of my father's old suits)
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                The OTcast poll disagrees by a landslide?

In fact, people are more tired of your act than mine.

CHECKMATE V2.0.
                Hmmm... and just how does the Poll prove that.
                Fact, we get more complaints about you than about all the mods combined.

I guess that's Checkmate V1.0

Show me a single attack by Wiglaf on Locutus. JUST ONE.
                CHECKMATE V3.0.
                Hmmm... you are trying to deny that Wiglaf has NEVER made an attack against the admin here? Silly boy.
                Checkmate V2.0

And, you keep ignoring that fact that you make more unprovoked attacks against other posters than anybody, yet have never apologized... which is something you seem to be demanding of Locutus.

Checkmate V3.0

And speaking of unprovoked attacks in this thread, maybe you should review your own posts in this thread... and maybe you would be man enough to apologize for them...

Checkmate V4.0

But you never address those things, because you know how wrong you look.

Again, any smart poster knows who the real loser here is.

Enjoy.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Hmmm... you are trying to deny that Wiglaf has NEVER made an attack against the admin here? Silly boy.
                  Checkmate V2.0
                  So, to be clear, it's fine to "make an attack" on anyone who has "ever" made a similar attack on anyone else in the past?

Checkmate V6.333

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiglaf
                    So, to be clear, it's fine to "make an attack" on anyone who has "ever" made a similar attack on anyone else in the past?

Checkmate 6.15
                    No... however, Asher is DEMANDING that somebody apologize for doing so, yet HE NEVER has done so for the repeated attacks he makes. (And neither have you) He is not being very consistent. He wants other people to do something he won't do, and even adds that they are not man enough to do it... I guess that speaks volumes about him since he never has
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming
                      Hmmm... and just how does the Poll prove that.
                      Is this a joke, Ming?

How does a popular opinion poll of which person they'd rather listen to have any bearing on being "sick of a person's act"? By virtue of me spanking you in votes, people are less sick of my act and more sick of yours. Or they prefer my personality to your vacuum.

You can't call Checkmate if you don't instantiate the object.

Hmmm... you are trying to deny that Wiglaf has NEVER made an attack against the admin here? Silly boy.
                      Checkmate V2.0
                      I very clearly, repeatedly, and explicitly asked you to find an instance of Wiglaf insulting Locutus. You can't read, boy.

Again, any smart poster knows who the real loser here is.

Enjoy.
                      How about the person who just demonstrated they can't read?
                      Or the person who is trying to deny Locutus broke the rules that you harp on all the time yourself?

Ming, you're far from the brightest person here -- you can't outthink the intellectual heavyweights on this site. You just demonstrated that in this thread.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

No... however, Asher is DEMANDING that somebody apologize for doing so
                        Here's the rub, Ming: Am I an administrator who is supposed to be setting a positive example?

I've been banned for far less than "moron" to people who've asked for it, yet Locutus can use it without any kind of reproach just because he's an admin. This is your problem.

It's called HYPOCRISY and INEPTITUDE. You can look up these words, because clearly you are not aware of them.

Comment

• Have you ever apologized to any of the posters you have made unprovoked attacks against?

Aren't you MAN enough to do so?

I didn't think so.

Now that's hypocrisy on your part.

Enjoy.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
                            I've done some acting, directing, writing, editing. Mostly corporate crap. Some humorous stuff for corporate events for morale. I even directed a live musical for another corporate event that was broadcast to over 50,000 employees. (ARRRGGGGG) But it was always a nice change of pace at work. The company I worked at had a better TV and sound studio than a lot of local affiliates in smaller markets. I got volunteered for many of these. How they decided an IT director would be good at that kind of thing is beyond me, but my older brother has been a director for both CBS and ABC for decades so they must have figured it ran in the family.

One of the suits that I wore portraying a game show host was so tacky that the props department offered to buy it for use in salesmen training videos. (a plaid suit from the late sixties that was one of my father's old suits)

That's very cool. I'm voting Rah for OT cast host!

I'm glad I was never part of the corporate world, but the $ must be nice.
                            Long time member @ Apolyton
                            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Yeah, the political backstabbing is really annoying. Once you get to a certain level it gets nasty. The price of misjudging the landscape can cost you your job. (which is why I work for a different company now)

But yes the money is good. But I really do have a high respect for those that go out on there own and make it.

But I had more fun back when I built houses. And a better sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Have you ever apologized to any of the posters you have made unprovoked attacks against?

Aren't you MAN enough to do so?

I didn't think so.

Now that's hypocrisy on your part.

Enjoy.
                                I'm not in a position of authority, that's the difference.

And all of my attacks are provoked. Look at you, you're an immense ass to me without relent because you deem me to be mean, then you cry when I lash out at you -- especially when it's accurate.

You lied and BSed in this thread.
                                Your co-owner insulted a member without provocation.
                                This is a shining moment of your administration and you are trying to blame me.

Classic.

Comment

Working...
                                X