Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't General Pershing ever go into Politics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They do, but I forgive you because the weebl and bob links in your sig simply never get old.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
      Eh, Washington and Jackson were professional soldiers as much as anyone could be at that time. Especially Washington, who had a career in the British army.

And let us not forget Harrison
      Washington served with the british army and ably commanded colonial troops but was was refused acceptance in the British regular military service. He was in no way a professional soldier ie someone who's livelyhood is the army.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

All politicians are corrupt. Even ones you swear would never take bribe money.... are corrupt. If this makes you wankers mad again cause it grinds badly with your politician-worshipping, then get in office and count how few days pass before you see some ****** going around to the cronies of a meeting handing over envelopes of cash. You should try reading something other than the usual, cookie-cutter newsites and the newspapers to learn what really goes on.
        Here is an interesting scenario to check out. The Vietnam war is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
          Eh, Washington and Jackson were professional soldiers as much as anyone could be at that time. Especially Washington, who had a career in the British army.
          He served a short stint in the British army, and then in the Virginia militia. But he'd been a farmer for over twenty years when the Revolution began. So, you can't call him a professional service any more than you can call JFK or George HW Bush professional sailors.

Comment

So, you can't call him a professional service any more than you can call JFK or George HW Bush professional sailors.
            Sure I can, because thats what they were. What I can't do is call them career professional sailors.
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

The Merriam-Webster Dictionary disagrees with you.

Main Entry: 1pro·fes·sion·al
              Pronunciation: \prə-ˈfesh-nəl, -ˈfe-shə-nəl\

1 a: of, relating to, or characteristic of a profession b: engaged in one of the learned professions c (1): characterized by or conforming to the technical or ethical standards of a profession (2): exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike manner in the workplace

2 a: participating for gain or livelihood in an activity or field of endeavor often engaged in by amateurs b: having a particular profession as a permanent career c: engaged in by persons receiving financial return

3: following a line of conduct as though it were a profession

— pro·fes·sion·al·ly adverb
              Hmm...on line it even gave the example as a "professional solder"...but the example didn't transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha

yea yea, the crippling debt, but we've always been large creditors(well until quite recently), so again, nothing all that special.
                Uk went form being the largest creditor in the worls to the largest debtor, following WW1 the US became the financial powerhouse int he world at the expense of the UK.

If thats not special I'm not sure what is
                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

why isn't this thread in the History Forum?
                  My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                    i smell a trap, which war did he won?
                    he didn't want to would be my guess. Also we didn't really come out of WW1 with anything all that valuable, and we didn't even ratify the treaty ending that war.

yes, Allies didn't win WW1. the Germans were cheated from their victory, they were stabbed in the back.

this isn't holocaust denial, but... ..what?
                    hopefully this isn't illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
                      Uk went form being the largest creditor in the worls to the largest debtor, following WW1 the US became the financial powerhouse int he world at the expense of the UK.

If thats not special I'm not sure what is

isn't this why US entered the war? if UK loses to the germans, they can't pay back the dept.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                        They do, but I forgive you because the weebl and bob links in your sig simply never get old.
                        Look out for the walrus!

But seriously... we pray for General McArthur's erection!

Comment

he didn't want to would be my guess. Also we didn't really come out of WW1 with anything all that valuable, and we didn't even ratify the treaty ending that war.

Uhhuh, doesn't that mean, that you are still at war against the Central Powers?
                          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Pretty sure WW2 settled any outstanding scores with Germany and Austria. You've really gotta watch the sequel Tattilla!

Comment

ah the WW1... but the US didnt win the WW1... by themselves
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Hmm...on line it even gave the example as a "professional solder"...but the example didn't transfer.
                                Lets highlight what does apply instead of what doesn't...

Main Entry: 1pro·fes·sion·al
                                Pronunciation: \prə-ˈfesh-nəl, -ˈfe-shə-nəl\

1 a: of, relating to, or characteristic of a profession b: engaged in one of the learned professions c (1): characterized by or conforming to the technical or ethical standards of a profession (2): exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike manner in the workplace

2 a: participating for gain or livelihood in an activity or field of endeavor often engaged in by amateurs b: having a particular profession as a permanent career c: engaged in by persons receiving financial return

3: following a line of conduct as though it were a profession
                                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X