Tibet and China Video on YouTube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tibet and China Video on YouTube

It's good to see someone from China (at least I think he's from China) make a video on their point of view on the matter.

In the end however, I don't think he quite understands that the people of Tibet don't want to be part of China, they WANT to be independent. Just like Hong Kong did; he does not understand that there is a common understanding of the European settlements (nowadays) that even though the commonwealth countries are still colonies of Europe, we are still run as independent countries and we're okay with that, there is now no need to be independent when we are trying to make the world one. The problem here is that Tibet WANTS to be independent, and China gets upset by that - that is immature behaviour in the eyes of westerners these days. Or have I just said a load of crap again?
    be free

That video is full of lies and half truths.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

His points are irrelevant.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Tibet and China Video on YouTube

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
        In the end however, I don't think he quite understands that the people of Tibet don't want to be part of China, they WANT to be independent. Just like Hong Kong did; he does not understand that there is a common understanding of the European settlements (nowadays) that even though the commonwealth countries are still colonies of Europe, we are still run as independent countries and we're okay with that, there is now no need to be independent when we are trying to make the world one. The problem here is that Tibet WANTS to be independent, and China gets upset by that - that is immature behaviour in the eyes of westerners these days. Or have I just said a load of crap again?
        Another lot of crap.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
          That video is full of lies and half truths.
          Start the list of them.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

For starts the vast majority of those periods where China had influence overTibet the government was pretty much independent other then the need to pay the yearly tribute of protection money. Even during periods when the Chinese invaded that people always considered themselves Tibetan and not Chinese plus it was at best a colonial arrangement with a few Chinese lording it over a great mass of Tibetans who didn't want them there.

As I said for the vast majority of the time Tibet was either fully independent or independent in all respects except for the need to pay protection money.

There is certainly less reason for Tibet to be part of China then Mongolia yet Mongolia is independent while Tibet still suffers under Chinese occupation.
            Last edited by Dinner; March 30, 2008, 01:44.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

Start the list of them.
              Why? There a video listing them in the first post.

Although the British did treat all the natives of its colonies like salves. That's a FACT!
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Or have I just said a load of crap again?
                Like always.

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy

It's good to see someone from China (at least I think he's from China) make a video on their point of view on the matter.
                  That's the sad truth. Arguing about Tibet (among a series of other issues) with a Chinese nationalist is like arguing against creationism with an evangelical Christian.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi

Why? There a video listing them in the first post.

Although the British did treat all the natives of its colonies like salves. That's a FACT!
                    True but Tibet was never a British colony. There was a very brief military expedition to Tibet from British India in 1903 in response to a Tsarist Russian expedition to Tibet. The British were afraid that Russia might gain influence over an area bordering India.

From Wiki:

The British expedition to Tibet in 1903 and 1904 was actually an armed invasion of Tibet by British Indian forces, seeking to prevent the Russian Empire from interfering in Tibetan affairs and thus gaining a foothold in one of the buffer states surrounding British India, under similar reasoning which had led British forces into Afghanistan twenty years before. Whilst British forces were remarkably successful in achieving their aims militarily, politically the invasion was very unpopular back in Britain, where it was virtually disowned post-war. The effects on Tibet, despite higher casualties and some economic disruption, were also not significant, and any changes were not long retained.

the claim that the British made Tibetans slaves and that the Dalai Lama was put into power by the British is just a complete fabrication by the Chinese.

Comment

But they still treated people like salves. Rubbing Tibetans on their skin to try and heal wounds.
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

It is important what goes into the salve however. Freshly killed Tibetans are better in this regard. Beaten to death with a bamboo stick is the preferred Tibetan however killed by bullet Tibetans will do in times of shortage.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, I'm not touching that.
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yeah, I can see why you may be reluctant. I run a dead pool so I'll go out on that limb alone if need be.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Oh yeah?

Well take that, China!

Jennifer Jones added a couple more memorable shots to her highlight reel en route to her first world curling championship Sunday in Vernon, B.C.

Even Canadians are better than Chinese at throwing stones.

Now, HTF did China manage to get a team to a world final in curling?
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                              X