X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    this thread needs more Danish boobs
    And fewer New Zealand boobs.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
      this thread needs more Danish boobs
      Maybe, you remember this
      Attached Files
      The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Blake, the people I was talking about were sociopaths. I don't know, maybe they were nice to their mother (or maybe they raped and killed their mother) but it doesn't change the fact that they repeatedly show a disregard for the rights of others. That is not to say they will disregard everyone's rights all the time.

Of course no one can show a disregard for the rights of every last being on earth, we can't even consciously be aware of every last being on earth simultaneously. But a person can show they have a generalized disregard for the rights of others.

You say you weren't being pedantic, but you admit you were being pedantic. It is obvious you were being so. That you had a reason for being pedantic does not change that. You were trying to get me to fall for some blatantly obvious "trick" (your word for it) in your question to make your point rather than simply make your point or directly address my point. That is being pedantic.

In the end, whether someone has absolutely no regard for others' rights is unknowable. It is possible someone has completely no regard for others' rights. It is possible that such has never occurred. You claimed you don't care what people think, more about what they do, but here you are obsessing about the absolute extreme of what people think and ignoring the fact that people do show a disregard for the rights of others. In some cases, they show it consistently and in some cases to the point where they don't exhibit that they even comprehend what a "right" would be. We call those people sociopaths. And I have met a few myself.

The point of my initial statement you have been referencing, which you are completely missing because of your obsession with this "trick" you are trying to pull, was that society has a need to protect itself from those who show a disregard for the rights of others. That is why we have laws, personal responsibility, and legal recourse for those who have had their rights trampled on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
          I'm beginning to think the other monks are going to think Blake has gone a bit overboard with this crap.
          Same here, I'm just picturing him lasting 2-3 days before the other monks tell him to just STFU and get real.
          Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
          X