• Show
Clear All

My place:
    Attached Files

Comment

Zagreb...

Comment

Brighton & Hove

Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Didn't know they have such nice mosques in England

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
            Didn't know they have such nice mosques in England
            Its a palace, built by the Prince Regent as a place to get drunk and party. The outside was inspired by our colonial adventures in India, the inside is done in an east Asian/chinese style.

All of Brighton was basically built so the royals and the London middle classes could have sordid weekends, sexual affairs and wild parties.
            Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Okay, San Antonio:

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

The "Fish Church"

The former headquarters of the Swedish East-India Trading Company. Now a museum.

Old trams

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Well I'll post some pictures from the London Borough I live in...

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                      Okay, San Antonio:

That's not a sight I'd associate with San Antonio.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

A beautiful building in the city where I currently reside:

A beautiful building in the city where my heart lives:

In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

A fellow Brightonian & Hovite?
                          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                            A fellow Brightonian & Hovite?
                            Not technically, however, my husband's family is from Brighton (most of them still live there) and I sort of adopted the city as my own. My husband's grandmother lives just a few blocks away from the pier, which makes for a lovely evening walk whenever we are visiting her.
                            In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                              My place:
                              Do you sometimes get Bin Laden's mail by accident?

Since we can't have too much of Fake London, here's an urban picture:
                              Attached Files
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                                Brighton ... sordid weekends, sexual affairs and wild parties.
                                And that's why you're there?

Comment

Working...
                                X