Microsoft Hates America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Hates America

So I just went and tried to register a new MSN/Hotmail username. Unless I experienced a bizarre bug or did something horribly wrong, it wouldn't let me register any username with the word "american" in it.

Does Microsoft hate Americans?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Yes, I'm sure no one has ever tried to use American in their name before for Hotmail.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Perhaps they're all taken...
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

So 999xyzamerican458A124iu was taken?
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Re: Microsoft Hates America

Originally posted by OzzyKP
          So I just went and tried to register a new MSN/Hotmail username. Unless I experienced a bizarre bug or did something horribly wrong, it wouldn't let me register any username with the word "american" in it.

Does Microsoft hate Americans?
          Unless it is about the gay youth rights thing, I applaud your potential username.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
            So 999xyzamerican458A124iu was taken?
            Attached Files

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Probably to avoid fake official sounding email addresses. Why are you using hotmail anyway, what crap.

Comment

You just have to pick a fight over everything, don't you?

Comment

Snoopy- Don't underestimate hotmail. Once, while registering multiple accounts for an internet game, a friend and I attempted to register "ex_bob"... the service said that was taken, so suggested "ex_bob49". Apparently 1-48 were also taken.

~DC.
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Oh, certainly. But the odds of that particular name being taken are (# of hotmail accounts) in about 1x10^15th...
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

When you enter a name that is taken, it'll just say that name is unavailable and helps you pick a new one. It doesn't say the word or phrase is not allowed.

Comment

try "british", "german", "greek"
                        also try "usgov"
                        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Canadian, Russian, Turkish, Mexican are all ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                            Probably to avoid fake official sounding email addresses. Why are you using hotmail anyway, what crap.
                            B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                              You just have to pick a fight over everything, don't you?
                              Well, duh. It's Wiglaf...
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                              X