Atlantic/Florida
    Pacific/California
    Gulf of Mexico/Florida/Alabama
    Indian Ocean/Sri Lanka

Comment

Atlantic, Pacific, Indian

Carribean Sea, Red Sea

Persian Gulf, Chesapeake Bay, Gulf of Mexico

James River, Rio Grande, Alegash, and god only knows how many other rivers.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Re: Re: Seas, lakes and rivers You've swimmed in

Originally posted by germanos

No Euphrates?
        Oh, yes, indeed. Euphrates / Asad's lake, and lake Van as well.
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

I've swam across the river Styx; I wasn't about to pay that greedy rat bastard, Charon, two of my hard-earned gold pieces for a friggin' boat ride.
          APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Sig material
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I've swum in the Mediterranean Sea. I think that's about it.

My life-expectancy would probably drop by several years were I to swim in a nearby river or lake.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Oooh, good question!

I've not done much swimming in rivers, only the River Wharfe in the Yorkshire Dales...can't think of any others.

As for lakes..well, does Charlton Lido count?

Oceans and seas I can do. There's the North Sea, Irish Sea, English Channel, Atlantic Ocean, Mediterranean Sea, Aegean Sea, Ionian Sea. Yep, that covers them all...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yeah, the North Sea is definitely the most "bracing" of them all!
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Atlantic Ocean
                    Pacific Ocean
                    Gulf of Mexico
                    Caribbean Sea
                    Lake Michigan
                    Lake Superior (coldest water I've ever been in--'till I jumped in the Pacific in Oregon)
                    Fox River (Illinois)
                    Apple River (Illinois)
                    Copper River (Wisconsin)
                    Missouri River (Nebraska)
                    Fort George River (Florida)
                    the water traps at Grampa's Woods Golf Course near Elmwood, Nebraska (Theben and I used to go camping there in the 70s).
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                    X