Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG....OMG...OMG....Tomorrow is the day....OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG....OMG...OMG....Tomorrow is the day....OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya'll after 47 years of wondering who I am tomorrow I will finally know who my birth parents are. Can you believe it!!!!!! I could not belive actually how easy it was. I have a client who's husband is a Judge and he does legal work on the side. He typed up the motion to unseal my records on medical grounds I sent it up there three weeks ago and the Judge there signed it a few days ago. The only reason I hadn't been notifed was because when they unsealed my records the only name in there was my birth mother's and they thought I already had it.

DUUUUUUUUUU by a vowel, get a clue!! Did you not see the part where it said birthmother UNKNOWN!! Anyway the order is signed and the only thing that stands between me and know who my birth mother is would be a 6 hour road trip. My sister and best friend asked me what I was doing in town still. Six hours between me and my Mom, so I took off work for tomorrow and will be traveling up there to pick up the order and see my file as well as bring it back here for them to open up at the BVS. I can't freeeeeeeekin' believe it.

This is the way my emotions are right now.... :desire:
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Congrats! I didn't know you were adopted though... I guess I haven't been paying attention...
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Take a friend. Have him or her drive. You're going to have a hard time concentrating on the road.

Comment

Yup! Was adopted when I was 4 days old by two wonderful and loving people. I couldn't have asked for a better life.

Husband has to work as well as daughter. It's a drive I'm well versed at could do it in my sleep. Did for about 6 months when father was ill. I'm still quite in shock as well as .....well just shock for right now. In less then 24 hours a 47 year myster will finally be put to rest, then the search begins.

Still find it a bit strange that my birth father's name wasn't listed lenging more and more to the conspiracy theory that my Uncle is my biological father.
        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

Your uncle?? This sounds like something you'd hear on Jerry Springer...
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Congrats Sounds good
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Hooray for you, Tia! Have a friend drive anyway, in case you hyperventilate and pass out.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Nope doing this all by my lonesome.

Comment

Congrats
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

So what will you do with this information?
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Actually I want it for medical reasons. I've had two go arounds with cancer, a recent breast cancer scare, have a daughter who is bi-polar manic depressive etc..... I would just really like to know what's coming down the pike at me now. I mean if it's time to start making the scrap book cause I'm gonna get alzheimers I'd like to know.

When you go to the doctor and he says do you have a history of xyz you can say as a matter of fact... I don't have that luxury all I can say is sorry adopted. So it would be nice for once to say yes I do with certainty.

Comment

9:06p.m. here and I'm off to bed so I can get up at 3:00 to start driving. The next time I post here I will know what my birthmother's name is. It's a bit weird, hasn't quite all sunk in yet. Till next time........

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
                          Actually I want it for medical reasons. I've had two go arounds with cancer, a recent breast cancer scare, have a daughter who is bi-polar manic depressive etc..... I would just really like to know what's coming down the pike at me now. I mean if it's time to start making the scrap book cause I'm gonna get alzheimers I'd like to know.

When you go to the doctor and he says do you have a history of xyz you can say as a matter of fact... I don't have that luxury all I can say is sorry adopted. So it would be nice for once to say yes I do with certainty.
                          Okay then. I got a different vibe from your posts.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Should be a cool and joyous experience. Plus, having your family med history should be a real plus for you and yours.

Best of luck, Tia. Looking forward to hearing all about it.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

From one adopted child to another: congrats and good luck.
                              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                              X