A new desktop thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new desktop thread

So I did a search and its been a year or so since there was a thread like this... so I decided to make a "show off your desktop" thread.

Here's mine - click on it for a full-screen image (about 160k or so)

Random points of interest:

- The bar on the left side is Desktop Sidebar
    - The desktop icons are small with a program called Autosmall .
    - The desktop wallpaper is one I made. I liked the picture of her, and it was easy to isolate (and then recolor) the entire artwork and it still wound up looking realistic. So when I got done doing sold-color recolors, I did a few more odd ones. This was one result.
    - Yeah, I fill my taskbar. Yes, I use tabs but I also new Open In New Window a lot.
    - Yahoo Widgets in the bottom right corner
    - Wallpaper-In-Wallpaper feature brought to you by a great program called Wallpaper Cycler I use it because I don't like picking wallpapers. WPC currently switches my wallpaper every hour, and I have 3,730 wallpapers that it does so from.
    - System Tray, from Left to right - Memturbo , Shareaza, Steam, Updates, AIM, CA Security Center.
    - My CPU and Memory were so high because of the video thread here on apolyton. With that page closed, 2% CPU and 10% memory usage.

So that's mine.
    It's a CB.
    --
    SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Wittlich's Desktop

Here is mine:
    Attached Files

Comment

DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Secrets blotted out!!!

Until quite recently I did actually had a picture of a pretty girl as my desktop background - but she was thoroughly clothed (think dressed for a blustery winter day).

But since I reinstalled windows a couple of weeks ago (also explaining much of the emptiness), I've just gone with the simplicity of a warm flat color (and don't really plan to change it).

Comment

Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon�
            Montreal!
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

My work laptop. The destkop is 3 widescreen monitors in portrait mode so it's a bit too large for this thread, plus it's got trading systems open and I think that'd be an NDA violation...
              Attached Files
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Posted this some time ago I think. Pic of a market in Hanoi (or was it Vientiane) my colleague took while on vacation.
                Attached Files
                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

I believe that's indeed Hanoi.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Looks vientianish though, you have to admit.
                    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Re: A new desktop thread

Originally posted by EternalSpark
                      So I did a search and its been a year or so since there was a thread like this... so I decided to make a "show off your desktop" thread.

Here's mine - click on it for a full-screen image (about 160k or so)

Random points of interest:

- The bar on the left side is Desktop Sidebar
                      - The desktop icons are small with a program called Autosmall .
                      - The desktop wallpaper is one I made. I liked the picture of her, and it was easy to isolate (and then recolor) the entire artwork and it still wound up looking realistic. So when I got done doing sold-color recolors, I did a few more odd ones. This was one result.
                      - Yeah, I fill my taskbar. Yes, I use tabs but I also new Open In New Window a lot.
                      - Yahoo Widgets in the bottom right corner
                      - Wallpaper-In-Wallpaper feature brought to you by a great program called Wallpaper Cycler I use it because I don't like picking wallpapers. WPC currently switches my wallpaper every hour, and I have 3,730 wallpapers that it does so from.
                      - System Tray, from Left to right - Memturbo , Shareaza, Steam, Updates, AIM, CA Security Center.
                      - My CPU and Memory were so high because of the video thread here on apolyton. With that page closed, 2% CPU and 10% memory usage.

So that's mine.
                      Who is that, exactly?
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I like Colon's desktop. Asher's is pretty nifty too.

Mine looks like Blake's.

My work machine has a big ugly dog picture.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I know you are all eagerly awaiting my updated desktop... so here it is:

Comment

Asher's desktop scares me. That happy emoticon seems way too happy about how the unhappy emoticons are crowding around it... rather psychotic.

Comment

Yeah, he's about two days away from going postal.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X