Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geronimo

not really

Neither does it lend itself to scientific examination or refutation. Just because you can't refute something scientifically doesn't mean it has merit. Quite the opposite imho.
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

I really didn't mean to be difficult. I agree with everything you said. I was trolling for bsing about meaningless metaphysical crap not to get a rise out of anybody. My apologies.

Comment

If one has no beliefs taught to them would they develope them? Is all this a test to see which of us are to be given additional life and which have had all they will get?

All I know is that I was ultra depressed as a young man, got on my knees and prayed to Jesus and was changed right to the core by a spirit being of astonishing joy and love.

I can always look back on that as my own personal irrefutable proof. That experience makes all debate about the existance of God moot, but for me alone. I haven't had much success sharing. People tend to only believe that which is within their own experience. Maybe that's the way it has to be.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Did I kill this thread?

Comment

It will be reborn.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo

I really didn't mean to be difficult. I agree with everything you said. I was trolling for bsing about meaningless metaphysical crap not to get a rise out of anybody. My apologies.
              I bow down to thee good sir, for you have successfully trolled me. Hurrah!
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

If there isn't reincarnation, there should be. It would be Solomonic Justice for us to be reborn into a world which we made.

Reincarnation would give us motivation to improve the situation of the peoples of the world, so that when we come back, we get the benefit of our good doing. On the other hand, if we exploit the huddled masses, then when we come back, we get to be one of them.

Comment

It'd be nice if we could turn our farts into chocolate chip cookies too.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Would those cookies still smell like our farts, though?
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Don't care. Not if they're chocolate chip cookies!

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                        If there isn't reincarnation, there should be. It would be Solomonic Justice for us to be reborn into a world which we made.

Reincarnation would give us motivation to improve the situation of the peoples of the world, so that when we come back, we get the benefit of our good doing. On the other hand, if we exploit the huddled masses, then when we come back, we get to be one of them.
                        Maybe someday we'll be on the other end of the Poly House, recieving.

Regarding the cookies, I'd be worried them chips aint chocolate.

Comment

Whaaaa?!

Comment

Working...
                          X