Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you killed?

Just curious.

What are you meaning by indirectly/directly?

Well, indirectly might be spraying for spiders, mouse traps, putting a pet down, pulling the plug on a loved one, etc. I would argue that shooting an animal on a hunt could be indirectly too, since its a vastly different experience than getting up close and personal. But, often such a shot only wounds the animal, and you're forced to kill it up close. So, that's kinda variable.

Now, directly. That's more like squishing a spider...or whatever.

Bugs, spiders, etc should be self-explainatory.

Small animals: smaller than a cat

Medium animals: cat/dog size

Large: Game animals, horses, etc.

As for me:

Bugs spiders etc, I've killed through every and any means possible. And collected and displayed the remains.

Small animals, also, I've killed both through indirect means, and by more violent and personal means. Damn mouse was in my desk, just reacted by picking it up and flinging it against the wall...

Medium animals, I've only killed indirectly. As I said, I consider shooting to be kinda variable there, but I've shot a Coyote before. It was at a distance, and not really personal in any way, however.

Large animals, ironically, I've only killed directly. Once. Wrestled a deer to the ground, pinned it's head under a log, and slit it's throat.

People, not at all. While I've been there for the discussion about whether to stop attempting to resussitate(sp) someone, it's never been my decision. Yet.
    Yes, Bugs/Spiders/etc Directly
    24.52%
    Yes, Bugs/Spiders/etc Indirectly
    19.35%
    Yes, Small animals Directly
    12.90%
    Yes, Small animals Indirectly
    16.77%
    Yes, Medium sized animals Directly
    3.23%
    Yes, Medium sized animals Indirectly
    6.45%
    Yes, Large animals Directly
    1.94%
    Yes, Small animals Indirectly
    5.81%
    Yes, People directly
    2.58%
    Yes, People indirectly
    3.23%
    No :angel:
    0.65%
    Only bananas
    2.58%
    Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; March 14, 2008, 20:09.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

The first person who admits s/he's killed a cat is going to get punched in the face by me.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I killed a cat.

Comment

Do puppies count? Or just cats?

I have put down puppies that were not going to make it back when my mom used to raise Basinji's. But that's another wierd thing, I consider to be indirectly, and not really a direct violent act.

Been there for several cats being put down, but never actually done it myself.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
          I killed a cat.
          No, you didn't. You're just saying that because you want to troll.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Maybe I just want a punch in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
              Been there for several cats being put down, but never actually done it myself.
              Well, since you didn't kill a cat yourself I'll just look angrily at your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                Maybe I just want a punch in the face.
                Not gonna help you with that, unless you kill a cat.

Comment

I suspect that the second "Yes, Small animals indirectly" is susposed to be large animals. I'd have to go with that. Split a deer in two with my car about a week before Polycon.
                  Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Killed one or two mice directly. With a knife.
                    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™
                      The first person who admits s/he's killed a cat is going to get punched in the face by me.
                      what about euthanizing a beloved pet dying of cancer?

Comment

I've killed googolplexes of bacteria and viruses with antibiotics and my immune system, do they count?
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

In rural areas it is traditional to do your animals yourself, if they are injured/etc.

I haven't done so though.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Thanks for making me sad, unorthodox.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

deer indirectly

winner: my jeep

Comment

Working...
                              X