Help Ninot buy drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Ninot buy drinks

Tomorrow night I'm going out with some friends, and I fully expect that I will need to buy a round of cocktail drinks. I'm not an experienced cocktail drinker, so I really don't know what I should be buying.

Please suggest some good cocktail drinks, for men and women.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Snowjob
    Tequila Sunrise
    Screwdrivers
    Kamikaze
    Mojito
    Bellini

AND

MARTINIs.
    Favourite is Dry Martini (just the classic w/ vermouth and gin)
    More "girly" but still good: Appletini

And if you're really daring, ask for a Prairie Fire (if they have it -- it's a shot drink)...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Tom Collins
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I don't recall how old you are, so ...

College: White Russian

Early 20s: (Mint) Mojito (uberhip drink right now, so don't order if you're with nonuberhip folks) or Manhattan if you're not

I don't know beyond that ...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Nursing a scotch at the moment. Mmmm, scotch.

Asher: I'll try the Dry Martini, maybe. The rest of your suggestions i'll save for the next time I'm in the village.

Snoopy: I enjoy a White Russian but they are pretty hard to get in Montreal. Most places seem to not to have milk. It's annoying. I'd like to order a Manhattan though. I'm anti-uberhip myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
            Asher: I'll try the Dry Martini, maybe. The rest of your suggestions i'll save for the next time I'm in the village.
            You're missing out.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

A real Mojito is a very good drink (as I understand), but VERY hard to find outside of, well, Cuba and evirons. It's too bad it became hip, and thus got ruined...
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I've had it a few times. It's not bad, but its too light for me.

Comment

Why not let everyone just order what they want?
                  You can have a nice scotch.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I like to mix it up and try new things. Also, I might be buying a lady a drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                      Also, I might be buying a lady a drink.
                      Grateful Dead.
                      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

If you've never had a martini before, you might be surprised.
                        And not in a good way. It's an acquired taste.

But most people feel that way about scotch, too.

I'll throw another suggestion out there -- a daquiri.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

For teh chicks, cosmos.
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

151 and OJ*. Go hard or go home.

*May not be legal in Quebec.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

As posted, quite a few coctails are an acquired taste.
                              If I'm buying a social round, I just have the waitress go around and take orders. Somehow having the waitress take the requests seems classier than yelling "Hey Jimbo, what are you sucking down tonight"

If it's a party round. I just buy a round of shots.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X