Fallon on his sword...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallon on his sword...

The commander of US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, Admiral William Fallon, is to retire from his post early.

He cited the "embarrassing situation and public perception of differences between my views and administration policy" as the reason for retiring.
    i.e. Bush has just removed the last major obstacle to an attack on Iran...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

sure, keep thinking that.
    Unbelievable!

Comment

Have you listened to Bush speak recently? He stopped caring about the state of the world some time ago. All he wants to do now is ride out his term as president and then fade away to his ranch. He's not going to invade anybody.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

He's the lamest a lame duck can get for that matter. Even his own party can't distance itself fast enough. Hence McCain.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

Mobius is a jackass. A spamtard.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You sir are a jackass and a gentleman.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Why, thank you. You are ever so kind.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If anything he seems to be desperate for attention, notice how he couldn't stop interrupting McCain at the endorsement ceremony he had for him. I think his need to be seen and "validated" in his own mind will have him injecting himself into the General election so much that he will screw McCain's chances hard.
                Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

I think the endorsement ceremony made it quite clear Bush won't do anything to help McCain besides general fund raising unless McCain specifically askes him to.

In any case, Fallon had to do this, it is a shame that a respected and long serving military officer had to leave because news gossips can't ****ing read and prefer to put words in people's mouths
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

The general said that he had no problem the administration with or pressure from there to resign. He says that his early retirment was becasue of public embaresment from a twisted and deceptive "news" article.
                    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

The real question is, why do we have an admiral in Afganistan? Where's the naval base?
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

We don't, we have an Admiral in CENTCOM, in Tampa Florida. And when he isn't there, he is in Bahrain, an island. CENTCOM is big and has a lot of water

That doesn't really matter though, since Fallon has all his joint qualifications. When you talk about big commands of that sort it is far more a coordination/logistics/local politcs/grand strategy job rather than a tactics or even operation level post, and those types of funtions at that level are the same for eveyr branch. experts at that

CENTCOM
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                        X