Is your home city mapped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your home city mapped?

Recently I was in Panama, and at one point needed directions. What is distressing is that even though it is a national capital, a city of over a million people, an international banking center, and so forth, there are almost no maps of it that one can get their hands on, certainly not online.

Which got me thinking, is it easy for you to get a map of where you live? Any sites other than the regulars? (Mapquest or Yahoo Maps or Google Earth?)

Thankfully I am back in NYC, and getting map directions of this City is easy:

If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Why do you wanna know?

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Yes. VirtualEarth even has 3D mockups of the downtown, including the building I work in.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

being from london i would imagine there's one or two available.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Just about every where in the first world is well mapped and free to see online. The rest of the world...
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I would expect all posters born in the 1st world can answer yes to this. I was born in NYC, so, um, yeah.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Why yes it is!
              Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, slightly mapped. Hell, even my home city is
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

D.C., so... yeah.

Comment

yeah
                    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

yes it is.
                      My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

San Francisco?!?

Silly question.
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

By the way, cool city view Riesstiu!
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Yes, it's mapped.
                            The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Working...
                            X