No announcement yet.

Bank crisis hits home; Canada benefits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank crisis hits home; Canada benefits?

A couple of my NY colleagues with our main client got laid off today...

Hours later I'm informed that there's two consulting spots open on the team to be filled immediately.

Near-shoring seems to have some gains, at least for technology, as the US employees suffer...is this a widespread trend?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Interesting. We just picked up some legal work related to Canada. I guess it goes both ways.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Legal work, as in Canadian law?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Yep. There's a newly-instituted provision of Canadian law that is similar to a decades-old US law with which we're very familiar.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Prostitution rings?

Comment

Incidentally, is prostitution legal in Canada?

Comment

Don't think so.

Comment

Not even in Quebec?

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                  Not even in Quebec?
                  No!
                  bleh

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                    Incidentally, is prostitution legal in Canada?
                    This seems to indicate it is. (Ah, the magic of Google.)

Or wiki, if you prefer.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Prostitution is not a crime but communicating for the purpose of prostitution is. Go figure.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X