Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prescription drugs found in drinking water across U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescription drugs found in drinking water across U.S.

Just say no to drugs.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/03/10...iref=hpmostpop

AP) -- A vast array of pharmaceuticals -- including antibiotics, anti-convulsants, mood stabilizers and sex hormones -- have been found in the drinking water supplies of at least 41 million Americans, an Associated Press investigation shows.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Well, I can think of a lot of possible replies to this.....it's just too easy
    Blah

Comment

I've heard that hormones in water cause strange things in frogs nowadays.

Comment

Where Kid gets his anti-psychotic medication.

Comment

Frogs
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by JulianD
            I've heard that hormones in water cause strange things in frogs nowadays.
            Yes, and fish. In fact, it's a big danger to most animals, since animals eat other animals and plants.

Comment

I'm guessing this has to do with sewage treatment standards not being high enough. Now days you just have to treat sewage and then you can dump it into a river with the next town down stream drawing water out of the same river. It's well known that drugs and hormones are in urine.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                I'm guessing this has to do with sewage treatment standards not being high enough. Now days you just have to treat sewage and then you can dump it into a river with the next town down stream drawing water out of the same river. It's well known that drugs and hormones are in urine.
                I think that they don't know how to treat the water effectively yet. Filters for example aren't effective.

Comment

I'm guessing this has to do with an over-medicated population.
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

It's all the matrix anyway.
                    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                      I'm guessing this has to do with an over-medicated population.
                      I'm sure this is part of it as well.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

They are measuring parts per trillion. I Doubt there is much that can be done about that.

Comment

Parts per trillion? I can't be bothered to click on the link to confirm that, but it sounds pretty insignificant if true.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

To be sure, the concentrations of these pharmaceuticals are tiny, measured in quantities of parts per billion or trillion, far below the levels of a medical dose. Also, utilities insist their water is safe.
                            Of the things to complain about in water, this isn't one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                              Parts per trillion? I can't be bothered to click on the link to confirm that, but it sounds pretty insignificant if true.
                              Why not go into your neighbors medicine cabinet and start taking random medications then?

Comment

Working...
                              X