Head hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head hunting

Shouldn't I be able to know who is trying to head hunt me? I've recieved two calls from businesses in the last week, both trying to recruit me. But I have no profiles, I haven't applied for anything.

So I asked from the last one today how they got my info, and they were like from a 3rd party and I asked so who that 3rd party is, because I have no profiles anywhere and I'm very sure about that. So they were like, well it's a case of head hunting so they can't disclose that information, except that I was recommended and they got my number from the number service.

OK. But this is the second in a week, so why can't I know who has been recommending me? Because I'd rather not have myself recommended, because I have to turn them all down. I'd rather have myself recommended WHEN I need a new job.

This is BS.

Besides, what are they trying to accomplish here? Since I'm not interested, I asked directly how much would they pay me. Neither of the parties said it, except that it's negotiable. No I don't want to negotiate, you tell me how much money I can get and then I can say no, but at least I know my value. It's pretty BS, trying to steal workers, because one of them was a consultancy company, and I said I'd be interested doing consulting for them on my spare time, but otherwise I can't do it in their name. THey were like no, you need to be employed full time with us. So I said no.

And don't get me wrong, it's from the field I actually do, but it's BS regardless, because I'm turning them down, maybe I want to work for them in the future, so maybe they now get their databases to say that I refused and won't be called again or something.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Yeah, this happens to me never.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Well it's a volatile field. Quarter. Core competence. Meetings.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I'm good at meetings but my core competence needs brushing up.

Comment

My core incompetence is ok as it is now.
          Blah

Comment

A valid point.

Comment

Wow. You're complaining about being offered too many jobs. You wanna trade places with me, Pekka?
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

This response would be totally in character for a data security expert:

"Sorry, but I don't do personal business with strangers over the phone. If you have a legitimate offer for my consideration, you may send it to me by mail. Thanks for your understanding. Good bye."
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yeah, I got my new job from my profile, I didn't apply for it directly. Same happened in my previous job. Whenever I've applied for jobs myself I don't seem to have had any luck
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: Head hunting

Originally posted by Pekka
                    maybe I want to work for them in the future, so maybe they now get their databases to say that I refused and won't be called again or something.
                    It doesn't work like that. People don't get deleted from Search firms' dbs just because they're not looking. Trust me.

Be pleased that you are 'out there'. If today isn't the right time, maybe the future will be.

Comment

Yeah, whenever I get a call like this now when I am not looking, I am always polite and explain the situation. You may well need their help at some point in the future.
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                      X