Large Job Losses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrONoS
    Which party are trying to promote protectionism and the reopening of the NAFTA agreement?

Which could worsen the recession, like in '29!
    If protectionism would have done that it would have caused inflation. Instead we had deflation.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

If protectionism would have done that it would have caused inflation. Instead we had deflation.
      Hey, I didn't said protectionism caused the recession...
      bleh

Comment

I've personally deactivated trading accounts for over 250 investment bank employees this week.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hey, I didn't said protectionism caused the recession...
          It didn't do anything. Other countries were in a recession too. They weren't going to buy our products anymore than americans were.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Which party are trying to promote protectionism and the reopening of the NAFTA agreement?

Which could worsen the recession, like in '29!
            Time Traveling Tariffs

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
              Come on DanS, where are you? We need some more of your sunshine cheerleading in the midst of a heavy rain shower.
              I think it's cute and all that you're trying to call me out, but why would I cheerlead now?

In any event, one caveat to these numbers: they are revised constantly, even years after the fact. This is because the numbers appear much more precise than they actually are. F.e., I wouldn't be surprised to see the manufacturing employment be revised upward, because the value of the dollar isn't consistent with heavy declines in the manufacturing sector employment.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Hey Mr. S,

Is it true you're of the African-American persuasion?
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

What's that have to do with the topic at hand?
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

It perplexes me how you can be a republican, is all.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                      What's that have to do with the topic at hand?
                      He is interested in the... size of your assets?

Comment

Some African-Americans have large assets and some have small. Some are Republicans, some Democrats, some independents.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                          Some African-Americans have large assets and some have small.
                          Is this why you want to align yourself with the big boys?

Comment

Why do you think Dan is African American?
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Independents Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in my sight.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                                Why do you think Dan is African American?
                                I think he mentioned it in passing somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X