Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, I Installed Civilization on my Mobile Phone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, I Installed Civilization on my Mobile Phone!

Back when I was playing Civ 1 on my 386 IBM PC which speeded along at 16 Mhz and had a whooping 2 MB of RAM, I never thought I'd see this some day.
    Attached Files

That thing is a phone?

Isn't the screen, like, upside-down?

Comment

It's not really the size of Brazil

Orientation can be changed in the settings. The screen is 320x240 and original Civ is 320x200, which leaves 40 pixels for the funny on-screen keyboard.

Comment

Civ 1

mobile phones
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Download link?
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Oh the memories
            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
              Download link?
              You need a DOS emulator. I found that this version of DOSBox for PPC works on mine:

After you install the emulator you start it, navigate to the directory which has Civ1 (or some other DOS game) and run the .EXE. Voila! If you don't have Civ1 let me know.

Comment

Humm, I'm dubious on how well it actually works on Dosbox, on such a non-resourcerich platform as a mobile...
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

How many turns can you play before you drain the battery?

Comment

Hey, what's with all the pessimism?

The game runs fast. The phone has a 400 MHz processor and 64 MB of RAM which seems to be enough to run the game in all its glory.

Comment

Zomg it's an alien mothership coming to destroy brazil!

Comment

Sweet
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

You need a DOS emulator. I found that this version of DOSBox for PPC works on mine:

After you install the emulator you start it, navigate to the directory which has Civ1 (or some other DOS game) and run the .EXE. Voila! If you don't have Civ1 let me know.
                          Wouldn't download for me - a screen came up called 'Leech attempt'.

Does one need to be some kind of w@r3zd0000d to be able to access this?

Comment

Downloaded fine for me
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

That's just too cool! I would never get off the phone...
                              Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                              X