No announcement yet.

Sloww, WTF is in the water down there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sloww, WTF is in the water down there?

Family killed in Texas; 4 youths held

By PAUL J. WEBER, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 28 minutes ago

ALBA, Texas - A mother and two children were killed in a predawn attack at their remote East Texas ranch, which burned to the ground, and four young people who knew the family will be charged with murder, authorities said.

The father was in critical condition with a gunshot wound, Rains County Sheriff David Traylor said at a news conference.

Three high school students and a juvenile were arrested and booked into the Rains County jail. The two males and two females will be charged with three counts each of capital murder, Traylor said.

The family had a teenage daughter, but Traylor did not provide information on her whereabouts. The dead were a 39-year-old woman and two boys, ages 8 and 13, Traylor said.

"It's the scariest thing," Traylor said. "You don't know what to make. I guess you imagine the worst and hope for the best."

Authorities were tightlipped on details, but Traylor said autopsies have been ordered.

The house sat on at least 20 acres of pine-canopied, remote land on a narrow gravel road with just two other homes, Traylor said. Alba is about 60 miles northeast of Dallas.

Harold Read, who lives about a mile away, said he was awakened by what he thought was thunder around 4 a.m., the time when authorities were first called to the house.

"All you read about out here are ticky-tacky crimes in the local paper," said Read, 67. "I never lock my doors. This is a quiet place."

By late Saturday, firefighters sifted through the ash and singed metal that was all that remained from the house. A wooden sign tacked to a tree in the family's dirt driveway read "Joshua 24:15," and a burned van was parked near where the home once stood.

Joshua 24:15, a verse from the Old Testament, reads in part, "But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
    Smart money says one of the two girls in custody is the daughter, obviously. So that's f*cked up. But..."pre-dawn raid"? The house burnt to the ground? Methinks somebody has watched Red Dawn once too often.

Hey, can we sentence these kids to duty in Iraq?
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Re: Sloww, WTF is in the water down there?

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
    Hey, can we sentence these kids to duty in Iraq?
    Think about that for about 5 seconds longer.

Comment

That perplexed me too... how does a writer take a home invasion-murder-arson trifecta in a peacetime rural area and think the wording "pre-dawn attack" fits best? It sounds like an embedded correspondent from Iraq or something.
      Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
        "All you read about out here are ticky-tacky crimes in the local paper," said Read, 67. "I never lock my doors. This is a quiet place."
        Mr. Read should stop taking his cues from Hollywood:

Unbelievable!

Comment

SLoww

Vodka

Galiadator
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

The US is a fvcked up country #1,095,095,857,575,646,563,525,515,515,151,667,787 ,838,994,454

Tejas is even more fvcked up times infinity.
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

**** off, Mobius.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Mostly Mexicans, to answer your question.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Re: Re: Sloww, WTF is in the water down there?

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  Mostly Mexicans, to answer your question.

Never saw that coming!
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Yup, it's the daughter.

Daughter, 16, charged in murder of mother, brothers

Story Highlights
                    NEW: Daughter, another suspect "made to break up" prior to attack, police say

NEW: Father who survived shot to head identifies suspect for police

Mother, 2 children found dead; 16-year-old daughter is a suspect, police say

(CNN) -- A teenage daughter's anger over a forbidden romance may have caused the 16-year-old to kill her mother and two brothers, police said.

The killings occurred in the rural East Texas home of Terry and Penny Caffey on Saturday morning, according to a statement released by Rains County Sheriff David Traylor. The home was burned as well as a medical supplies van outside, Traylor said.

In the ashes of the home, authorities found the body of Penny Caffey, 37, and the 8- and 13-year-old boys. All victims were shot and stabbed, police said.

Four suspects are in police custody and have each been charged with three counts of murder. Three suspects were identified as Charlie James Wilkinson, 19; Charles Allen Wade, 20; and Bobbi Gale Johnson, 18, who is female.

Police did not release the name or mug shot of the other suspect, the Caffey's daughter, because she is a juvenile.

Police believe the motive may have been that the teenage daughter was forbidden to date one of the suspects.

"Early on in the investigation it was revealed that the juvenile and one of the suspects were dating and made to break up," Traylor wrote in a release. Watch investigators sift through remains of burned home »

The teenage girl's father, Terry Caffey, who was shot in the head but survived is helping police. Caffey, who is in critical condition, was able to crawl 300 yards to a neighbor's home and later identified one of the suspects.

Carl Johnson, a family friend, told The Associated Press that he saw the bloody trail left by the father who dragged himself to a neighbor's house.

Johnson said the family are musicians and that the boys played guitar and harmonica and the mother is a church piano player. The father often told his daughter that he wanted her to sing at his funeral, Johnson told AP.

"I just thought the whole world of the family," said Johnson, 75. "They were good Christian people. [The father] was like a son of my own."

The killings shocked many in the small east Texas town, the town's mayor said Sunday.

"There hasn't been a murder here in 18 years," said Orvin Carroll, longtime mayor of Alba, Texas -- a town of about 430 people east of Dallas.

"We are all just a little shocked. This is a place where people do not lock their doors. But that is changing," Carroll added.

"We can't believe this could happen to a mother and her children. Not here."
                    As an aside: I love how CNN feels the need to give a 3-bullet-point summary for an article that's only about 400 words.

Comment

Bullet points

Maybe teh author was once a management consultant.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I don't want to go home.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

eek.

Comment

Aren't bullet points kind of appropriate?

Comment

Working...
                            X