"Emma" is out to get me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Emma" is out to get me

The stormfront called Emma I mean. It's all over Hermania right now, killed two people, sucks.

I'm told to stay at home by weather guys etc. Who do they think they are?

At least I'm well-prepared, yesterday I bought an extra ration of steak and beer
    Last edited by BeBMan; March 1, 2008, 13:15.
    Blah

Only two killed? And you're complaining?

What a bunch of pussies.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

It's just because teh people are all staying home. Nice way to spoil people's weekend. Of course, weekdays they never tell you to stay home because of the weather
      Blah

Comment

Somehow, I have the impression that Western and Central Europe are unaccustomed to extreme weather.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Ha! We had to fight General Winter decades ago!
          Blah

Comment

You had such a fight on your hands because you were unaccustomed to a little weather inconvenience.

Seriously, even Midwestern weather would kick y'all's asses.

Comment

Well, we usually have civilized weather here
              Blah

Comment

Just heard in the radio that Emma is going some 190 km/t in the alps - guess that there aren't much skiing there today.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Go outside and challenge it. It can't push you around.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Well, seems I scared away the first wave of the invaders. I didn't do anything, but the storm's calmed down for now. If that isn't pure magic! Time to leave home before it comes back this evening
                    Blah

Comment

I was expecting a thread about Jane Austen. Or perhaps Electro-Magnetic Monkey Anuses. What a letdown.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                        I was expecting a thread about Jane Austen. Or perhaps Electro-Magnetic Monkey Anuses. What a letdown.
                        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                          Or perhaps Electro-Magnetic Monkey Anuses.
                          Nobody stops you from starting your own thread on this if you feel it's an important topic
                          Blah

Comment

Wow, this happened ca. 1400 (edit: yesterday) at Hamburg Airport when an A 320 was hit by extremely strong winds during the approach. Fortunately nobody got injured, the plane landed safely in another try:

Last edited by BeBMan; March 2, 2008, 12:16.
                            Blah

Comment

Guess that some might be in need for clean underwear.
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X