• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dauphin
    Take up running.
    You should try that advice - one day you might be as good as me
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Walking to work

Being stuck in someone's armpit on a busy tube train.

Having to listen to loud schoolchildren and people's w@nkpods on the bus

Quiet bus journeys with a seat and a good book

Comment

Oh, and carrying bags while walking back from the supermarket as a cheap alternative to the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

You should try that advice - one day you might be as good as me
          I could never be as good as you Rich. I mean, I just don't have what it takes to pass out and lay on the gym floor.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

I could never be as good as you Rich. I mean, I just don't have what it takes to pass out and lay on the gym floor.
            A quick trip to the off-license would fix that.
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Try going from working a retail-type job (walking most of the day) to a desk job. Then you'll never doubt the exercise value of walking
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                Walking for an hour is hardly "exercise" and doesn't really make you stronger.
                It's excellent cardio-vascular exercise, you ninny.

It won't build upper-body strength, true, but it will build up your legs and your endurance, plus of course, exercising your heart.

Comment

no not reallty lol
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
                    Blake

& nice that you take the effort to speak with the crowd here, who are generally internet addicts, but hey well done to you and I hope I'll start doing someting similar soon...
                    Thanks . I always make sure to thank people who dare to try and make the world a little wiser, using mediums of mass stupidity/distraction. The people who are, dare to be not stupid.

This is the kind of thing, which might make a difference to 2% of people. Who cares if 50% of people just find it annoying. They find PLENTY of things annoying, they'd probably find gratitude and being nice annoying. But for the people it makes a difference for - hell yeah, worth it.

I think that "Idiocracy" should be compulsory viewing.
                    There's a scene where Mr Average (super-intelligent in the world of idiots) is saying something genuinely smart. Then all the idiots start doing the mouth-flapping thing and taunting him.
                    It's a sad but astute reflection of a prevailing mentality.

Someone needs to have VERY high self-esteem to dare to speak out. This can boost other peoples self-esteem when they hear that "Hey - it's okay to think and speak for yourself?"
                    SO worth it.

I mean I only speak out now, because I heard a wise teenage girl speak out on YouTube (a hive of stupidity and low intellect). I was so inspired that I went off and started the Better AI project! Seriously! I was inspired by this talented girl on youtube who made a bunch of inspiring videos encapsulating wise messages straight from her own heart.
                    Sadly she deleted all her vidoes because after a while she felt embarrassed, she was young and "naive" and hadn't learned to "fit in", must have been home-schooled or something.
                    But anyway, it was HER who inspired me to do something for myself and others! A teenage girl on YouTube. That's where Better AI started, that's what inspired me to do something different and try my hand at something new.

Anyone who attacks my attitude of wise-action, also attacks my AI project. You're welcome to do that, just know what enables that kind of thing. And trust me, I'm REALLY not bothered by you 5% who would attack my AI project on a CIV site .

Comment

Holy god you are pretentious.

I think that "Idiocracy" should be compulsory viewing.
                      There's a scene where Mr Average (super-intelligent in the world of idiots) is saying something genuinely smart. Then all the idiots start doing the mouth-flapping thing and taunting him.
                      It's a sad but astute reflection of a prevailing mentality.
                      There are only seven worthwhile minutes in the movie: the introductory narration, the scenes with the black president, and the mob destroying the ******'s car. If you want to make a movie compulsory viewing, try to make sure 97% of it it doesn't completely blow.

Comment

CAMACHO!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                          There are only seven worthwhile minutes in the movie: the introductory narration, the scenes with the black president, and the mob destroying the ******'s car. If you want to make a movie compulsory viewing, try to make sure 97% of it it doesn't completely blow.
                          The film is 233 minutes long in the Wigiverse?

Comment

Working...
                          X