This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conservative pundit William F. Buckley Jr. dead at 82

Any one of William F. Buckley Jr.'s many achievements - in politics, publishing, television, even world-class sailing - might have been enough to merit the attention he received during the past half century.

But Buckley had accomplishments to spare: founder and longtime editor of the influential conservative journal National Review, host of TV's "Firing Line" for 33 years, popular syndicated columnist, author of some 50 books, including novels. Beyond that, he was generally acknowledged as the father of modern conservatism.

Known for both his charm and erudition, Buckley died yesterday morning in the study of his home in Stamford, Conn., at age 82. Linda Bridges, his literary assistant, said Buckley's cook found him at about 10 a.m. Though he had emphysema, she said, his death was a surprise to family and colleagues.
    Buckley and Chomsky debating

bleh

(cts)
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

bleh

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

(cts)
        cts?
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Is this the same William F. Buckley Jr. who died in Theban's thread?

Comment

click teh smiley
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Can I spam this thread? I bet I can.

What would WFB say about spam? Did he have a public position on the issue?
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X