OMG I want to scream!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG I want to scream!!!!

Ya'll we worked on trying to convert those stupid files last night for 3 hours and still couldn't get it done. Yes, and I know Snoopy you gave me instructions but you see my husband is a man, need I say more. What is it with you guys? Were you just born with the "I don't need instructions genes?!!?!!"

First he made it a wave file which of course didn't work cause the files to big. See we don't have all the fancy schmancy stuff on this computer to make MP3's etc.... this computer according to Steve is strictly a gaming computer. We do have a cd burner and dvd burner but I don't think that would help. He finally figured out how to make it a zip file and figured out how to make that an MP3 file but he can't figure out how to get the mp3 encoder to allow us to move the file. He says the encoder won't let us move it anywhere. Any suggestions cause last night I was so frustrated with this whole process that I wanted to pull my nose hairs out with tweezers!!!!!

This is why I just stay to the basics on computers.
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

I don't have time to go into what a royal reaming he's doing on this task.
    Wait until he leaves, then do as instructed step by step.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Were you just born with the "I don't need instructions genes?!!?!!"

Women are better at taking instructions. Men are better at giving them.

That's just how the world is.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

What do you mean by "move the file"?

Which mp3 encoder are you using?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

He's gone to work Sloww. He's got it under Blaze media pro and one of the tool bars says convert audio so wouldn't that be the thingy to do? Ok and one of the songs says grace.0001.mp3 then the other says grace.mp3.

Sorry Asher, he said that he can't figure out how to move the MP3 file from the Blaze I would assume to the desktop? So that it can be attached.

DUuuuuuuuuuuuu just call me stupid girl let me copy snoopy's instructions maybe that can help and you can help me. Now I do have the songs saved in a zip file or so I thought Steve says it didn't convert to zip but stayed a wave file.

This is what snoopy told me to do:

To zip it up you need winzip or something ... http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm for that. You then would right-click on the file (after installing winzip if you don't have it already) and choose Winzip -> Add to (filename).zip (the second WinZip option, if it is the same as my version). Then attach that file to your post if it's small enough, or upload it if it's not.

When you choose 'export' it will give you a lot of options ... choose the defaults everywhere, it should be fine that way (but choose the file location as somewhere you can find again, of course, like My Documents).

I have to leave for work in a few minutes but will be back on the board around 2:00 this afternoon. If you guys can figure this out I would really appreciate it. It's really frustrating to try to do something that you just don't really understand. Funny I can go through years of school and nursing stuff but I can't figure out a freeking computer program!!
          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

I don't know the tool, but from the name, I'd say the grace.0001.mp3 is a [temporary] working document. That means you should not be allowed to move or rename it.
            Now, if the problem is that you cannot move the grace.mp3, then maybe the work is not finished yet?
            Are you sure the tool has finished his job?
            What happen if, instead of moving the file, you copy it? And then you try to play the copy?
            The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

We're talking about Audacity, by the way, right? My instructions work from that

If you're using Audacity, it should simply be:
              1. Record.
              2. "Export as MP3" -> select location and file name to save as
              3. Find that file and zip it up with WinZip (right click -> Add to (filename).zip)
              4. Profit

Don't know what Blaze Media Pro is.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

yes, audacity and yes I had your instructions. See.....OMG poohead!!! I love my husband dearly and wouldn't trade him in, but sometimes he gets right up my nose! I said that last night. I recorded what I wanted like you said, hit the file key saw the exportmp3 thingy but steve said I couldn't do that because there wasn't a file to attach he said I had to "name it and save it" first before I could do the exportmp3 thingy. So was I right? Record, hit stop, go to file, hit exportmp3?

I don't know what Blaze thingy is either. So was I on the right track? Cause the instructions you gave me seemed like they were pretty simple and I could follow them.

Comment

Yeah, I think you were right

It's possible I missed a step, that you may require a MP3 codec to save as MP3 (if so I did this years ago and so don't recall specifics). If so, however, the program should prompt you to download it from a particular location.

Comment

Ah, yes, I forgot it indeed.

Follow these instructions (for Windows I presume...)
                    Download Audacity for free. A free multi-track audio editor and recorder. Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. Audacity is free software, developed by a group of volunteers and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).

Comment

Could this tutorial video help?
                      how-to-podcast-tutorial.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, how-to-podcast-tutorial.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

As far as I understand, after you did what the guy says, you'll only need to zip your mp3 file .
                      The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I was afraid she burned her Hooo Haaa again.
                        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

yeah I just don't see this happening. I tried to do what you guys said and when I attached the file it said it was to big. I'm so over trying to do this one little stupid thing. I just got off of work and don't want to be frustrated the rest of the night!! All I want to do is to simply be able to sing, record, attach and post.

Just saw the tutorial thingy will listen to that tomorrow, if I knew someone to call to talk me through this I'd do that. It just can't be this hard.

Comment

If it's too big, you need to upload it (click on upload up on the top group of links).

Comment

Go to the high school. Find a geek -- computer club, AV club, whatever.
                              Tell him what you need done. Offer him a Starbucks gift card.
                              Done.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X