First Check Drug Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Check Drug Test

This thread is for Ozzy, so the rest of you can bugger off.

I've never heard of these home drug tests until recently, when ads starting appearing on the radio regularly. The thing about these ads is that they directly market this product toward parents who want to find out whether their teenagers are taking illegal drugs.

The problem I see is that teenagers generally are quick to lose their parents' trust. If this test turns out negative, it will only put further strain on the relationship and tear the family apart. However, if the teenager is taking illegal drugs, the signs are usually apparent to an observant parent, who should then try a less invasive approach established by years of trusting and comforting parenting. These tests are basically tools for bad parents to continue to parent. . .badly.

Do you think this test is a good idea or not?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

I think they are horrible ideas.

Whether the test is negative or not, they put a lot of strain on families and lose trust.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Are they breath/saliva tests, or something more invasive?
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I believe that they are urine tests.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Sounds like something a job applicant could make good use of, though.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

*shrug* American Beauty anyone?
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
              *shrug* American Beauty anyone?
              Exactly.

The true model for the perfect family.... *sigh*
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

These tests are basically tools for bad parents to continue to parent. . .badly.
                nicely put, you are a gentleman and a scholar...

Comment

Honestly, parents cover for their kids too much. Let the kids take responsibility for their actions, with the law.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                  X