Youth cultures and authority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youth cultures and authority

What's wrong this picture? I mean every single time you have something good going on, it's always a clash between the youth and the authority.

And usually, it's just bunch of kids having fun. It's OK as long as they're having fun, but when it gets "too fun" it somehow gets "political". Then you have to break it up, nooo we can't have too much good times, I mean what's that all about?

I mean I agree, hippies started to actually have political weight with their movement, with the wars and stuff. Not saying they stopped the war, just saying they had weight. You had punk and whatever, you had rave and party scene (still do). How are these parties broken up? With violence and superior force. It's like, I've seen so many videos where parties are broken up, from Europe mostly, and it's just disgusting. It's like a riot, except the party goers are not fighting back! They're just dancing, whatever, and somehow you get a baton in your head and dog biting your ass. You've got choppers going around, it's like a bad scene from some futuristic dystopia movie.

Why would you want to breka it up in the first place? Then there's public pressure, because "kids are having fun". I mean it must be something perverted, there MUST be drug usage involved, which in itself is a reason enough to kill everyone having fun, then you don't like their music, be it rock'n'roll, be it punk or electronic music. Whatever it is, it isnt' waht it used to be 30 years ago, thus break it up.

And then you say youth has no political will, they don't have any direction. You say there's a generation gap. You get these good folks who mostly talk about getting along with each other, and those are the people who get assassinated first. It's like if you have a good message or promote good times (in _peace_), you get screwed over and somehow you are the enemy. To me, it makes no sense what so ever.

Most of these parties where you see paramilitary troops it seems like, with freaking assault rifles, ready to gas everyone, I mean it happens in some remote location, there's absolutely no harm to anyone, just bunch of people wanting to have good time in their own privacy, they've rented the lands, everythign is paid for, they're cleaning it up afterwards but nooooo... you have to get at least some food for the dogs, right? And why?

TO me it's a declaration of war. If you don't let people have good times when they aren't hurting anyone on the basis of "Well I don't like that, it seems suspicious to my missionary position having mindset!" then it's your problem. Get out of our lives. STick your nose where it belongs and keep it out of other people's business.

That's the way I see it anyway.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Pekka
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Posting in a Pekka thread.

Comment

Well I think it's pointless. I think it's counterproductive. And you know what I mean when people say, "I know what you mean, people shoudl have fun, but enough is enough". What do you mean enough is enough? Too much fun, just like I said.

There's practically no danger in these things that exist only there. On the contrary, most of these things are actually SAFE, as in much safer than going to a local pub to have one pint. People aren't aggressive, I've never ever seen a fight in a single party, there's just no problems. Any problem is really an anomaly, every time you have big events, the papers have cops saying, "we had no problems, surprisingly peaceful". Then you have these things for older folks, and surprise surprise, problems. I mean if 40 year olds can't behave, it's not the problem of 20 year olds now is it?

What does it tell you, except what the hell are you doing by using violence on these people for having too much fun, call it not having a license, call it someone using drugs, who cares, but that's not the issue really. All people who are so against these things have one thing in common: they never have been there. Judgmental people, who just see threat in people having fun in big groups.

Also, if you want to avoid danger, don't unleash the dogs and attack with batons on dancing people for pete's sake. What are you doing? THAT creates danger and the damages that occur. Before? No danger. Now? DANGER. So you're effectively creating danger by using that force and violence on people who were just having a good time. Most likely they found something they like, they all like it, but then you've got to break it up because you can't have it. They're prolly depressed about their crap jobs anyway, offered by the crap economy that is the product of incompetence and whatever it is that these fatties do. So they have something that they go to, to escape that reality, so you have to break it up? NOoo noo we can't have this!

That's just against humanity. It's about killing fun, it's about killing creativity, it's about supressing young minds and bodies who still have hope adn are the future anyway. To me, that's unforgivable. HOw do you look at bunch of people who are happy, smiling and having fun, disturbing no one really, and say "ENOUGH! CHAAAARGE!" and baton their faces in? I mean what's that all about? Licenses?
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

youth culture killed my dog

Comment

I mean to me it's quite obvious there is no clear baseline for justice usually. That baseline does not derive from principles or ideals, but about fear and power and the ability to keep it to oneself.

Look, if we really were worried about drugs, we'd go after the rich ones. We wouldn't send poor people to jail for smoking weed or whatever, we got rich people doing class A drugs, yet somehow they never end up in jail. Why? Do you think it's because we're equal but the poor people just kind of have some other things going on so they deserve that imprisonment? There is no baseline. I do believe we really want to fight this war on terror, I mean it's impossible but at least I think people try that. So why is war on drugs different? Why aren't we targeting banks? They're the ones laundring the money anyway, there are all kinds of powerful entities that makes all this possible, yet they aren't on the list of hits or raids. Why not? It's not because it's never been about that.

Why are we targeting youth culture, why is youth the problem? Last to my knowledge, youth didn't start any wars, they didn't cause any massive failures in the economy, they didn't just create a new crisis anywhere. Yet they're always targeted as if they're potential trouble, potential problem in some scenarios etc. Well until we are to actually see the problem, let's focus on education and stuff, because we've got tons of problems already, except mostly if you want to really hit hard, we are going to have to target folks that have power. I mean people with no power can rarely screw anything up, there's nothing at stake. So how come we target people with no pwoer? How is anything powerful unless it includes people with power or influence?

So to me, these never have been about justice or getting rid of a problem. To me, it's usually always about power. And the real power is when you can say who the problem is, when you can just invent a problem of say, people having fun (which is a big problem), and go after them using violence, supressing them. Now that is power.
            In da butt.

Comment

Youths are stupid. Throw rocks at them.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

True.

I think they have more at stake, since they will live after we die. So, I think we shoudl respect them as equals, becuase we really don't do that. They're citizens just like we are. Just like we are, there's no second class and third class, there's citizens adn that's that. Then again reality shows us, that there really is second class citizens and so forth. But that doesn't make citizenship some elite and much sought after membership, it just diminishes the original value of it.
                In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                  True.

I think they have more at stake, since they will live after we die. So, I think we shoudl respect them as equals, becuase we really don't do that. They're citizens just like we are. Just like we are, there's no second class and third class, there's citizens adn that's that. Then again reality shows us, that there really is second class citizens and so forth. But that doesn't make citizenship some elite and much sought after membership, it just diminishes the original value of it.
                  How do we treat them like second class citizens?

Comment

Can't vote, can't drink, can't sign contracts, can't drive, can't decide where to live, can't decide who to live with, can be arrested for walking outside their homes, can't decide what movies to watch, can't decide what websites to go to, can't decide what clothes to wear, can't control their own bodies, can't control their own finances, etc.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                      Can't vote, can't drink, can't sign contracts, can't drive, can't decide where to live, can't decide who to live with, can be arrested for walking outside their homes, can't decide what movies to watch, can't decide what websites to go to, can't decide what clothes to wear, can't control their own bodies, can't control their own finances, etc.
                      Is Pekka talking about babies? I thought he was talking about grown up young people.

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't talking about babies. Grown ups. I mean that's kind of similar, but still a different issue.
                        In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                        X