No announcement yet.

I've eaten some food which was covered with mold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps you could drink some Lysol (or whatever cleansers you have over there) to kill the mold.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I've eaten several sausages which had a covering of mold plus some of my favorite cheese have rinds made of mold.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Stop being a wuss Siro, you'll be fine.

Now as for eating mouldy meat, well, erm, I wouldn't advise that
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Various cured sausages covered in a protective layer of mold. It was an effective way to preserve meat prior to refrigeration.

Comment

Mold is not a preservative. The sausages aren't being protected by the mold. They are being aged by it.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Those sausages are big. I wonder just how long the longest is.
              What?

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                Mold is not a preservative. The sausages aren't being protected by the mold. They are being aged by it.
                Well, mold is used in the curing process of some sausages. And to cure is "To preserve (meat, for example), as by salting, smoking, or aging." So mold is a preservative in this sense.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

We haven't heard from Siro since the opening post.

RIP, Siro. Say hi to faded glory for us.

Comment

Siro should be consulting a doctor. The outcome of eating a random mold is going to be about as random as eating a random wild mushroom. It could kill you or you could notice no ill effects. It should be treated as a poisoning emergency IMHO. Having said all that most of the time you don't die from eating random mold even though quite often you will become violently ill.

Comment

He's going to die anyway. Save your money and comfort, Siro! Enjoy your remaining days.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Don't they have universal healthcare in Israel?
                        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by onodera
                          RIP Siro
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                            Don't they have universal healthcare in Israel?
                            Seriously, just about EVERY country which isn't a third world crap hole (and several which are) has universal health care. The US is the sole hold out where special interests have fooled the morons into thinking they need bombs more then they need health care.

Comment

The AMA is steadfastly against universal healthcare because it won't tolerate any decline in salary for doctors.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

France has a much better system. Doctors are paid less but everyone who passes the tests and gets into medical school gets a free education. The result is there are a lot more doctors and each one works for less money. Subsidized education keeps the supply side of supply & demand high.

Comment

Working...
                                X