X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make Mine Freedom (1948)

I love YouTube.

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Now, the penultimate line would be changed from "to create wealth for all" to say: "to create prosperity for the top 1% because they are the ones who create wealth."

---But all in all, a wonderful toon.

Comment

Was The Harding Institute named for Warren G. Harding? That would be a little ironic.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

That video show how the government created xenophobia (or maybe exploited existing) in the US to accomplish it's military, economic and political goals.

It also must have been aimed at children since no one else would believe that capitalism was pro-union. It shows how messed up our educational system was. No wonder Americans are so stupid.
        Last edited by Kidlicious; February 24, 2008, 18:09.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
          It also must have been aimed at children since no one else would believe that capitalism was pro-union. It shows how messed up our educational system was. No wonder Americans are so stupid.
          I remember seeing it as a kid...back in the days when the U.S. was pro-union.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

I remember seeing it as a kid...back in the days when the U.S. was pro-union.
            If that's the result of capitalism it's because capitalism failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

If that's the result of capitalism it's because capitalism failed.
              It's called the Great Depression......although personally, I don't see anything great about it. It should be called the Really Lousy Depression.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

It's called the Great Depression......although personally, I don't see anything great about it. It should be called the Really Lousy Depression.
                Well said.

Comment

Working...
                X